The School for Cross-faculty Studies is delighted to announce that it has been successful in its application for the Athena SWAN Bronze Award. We are now engaged in implementing our five-year Athena SWAN Action Plan.
We are delighted to announce that several academic members of staff from the School for Cross-faculty Studies have received promotions:
- Dr Nicholas Bernards has been promoted to Associate Professor
- Dr Bryan Brazeau has been promoted to Associate Professor
- Dr Kirsten Harris has been promoted to Associate Professor
- Dr Stéphanie Panichelli-Batalla has been promoted to Professor
- Dr Gioia Panzarella has been promoted to Senior Teaching Fellow
- Dr Gavin Schwartz-Leeper has been promoted to Associate Professor
All of the above promotions came into effect on 1 August 2021, apart from Dr Nicholas Bernards’ promotion which has been in effect since 1 July 2021.
We congratulate Nick, Bryan, Kirsten, Stéphanie, Gioia, and Gavin on their success! These promotions reflect their commitment to their work and we are proud to have these colleagues as valued members of the School for Cross-faculty Studies.
Our Liberal Arts third- and fourth- year finalists were awarded their degrees on Monday 12 July 2021. The past two years have been particularly challenging and we are so proud of everyone who has graduated this year.
Image credit: Future Leaders 2020-21
We are delighted to share the news that final-year Liberal Arts student, Matilda Oduntan, and Sociology and GSD graduate, Seiwaa Osei Afriyie, have been named among the UK’s most outstanding African and African Caribbean future leaders.