CIM's Postgraduate Modules
In CIM, we pride ourselves on being both research-intensive and student-orientated. You will be taught by academic staff who are actively researching the interdisciplinary areas that they teach. This makes our degrees forward-facing and at the cutting-edge of interdisciplinary reseach, teaching and learning.
Please see detailed information below for requesting any of the CIM modules.
Please note that this information is PROVISIONAL and subject to final confirmation.
Important Registration Information:
- Please first discuss your optional module choices with you personal tutor during the personal tutor meetings and get their approval
- Then complete and submit the optional module choice webform available in the CIM welcome page
- The webform opens on 30th September at 14:00 BST and closes on 1st October at 15:00 BST
- If there are any queries, please get in touch with Gheerdhardhini (PG Coordinator) via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Computer Science – Please register your interest in the CIM module with the PG Administrator in your home department – Ms Sharon Hayes – by Week 1: Thursday, 8th October, 17.00 BST
- All other external students - Please contact the CIM PG Coordinator (Gheerdhardhini) via email (email@example.com), to request your optional module choice by Week 1 : Wednesday, 7th October, 17.00 BST.
- Please be advised that you may be expected to have access to a laptop for some of these courses due to software requirements; the Centre is unable to provide a laptop for external students.
- Please be advised that some modules may have restricted numbers and places are allocated according to availability.
- Please note that a request does NOT guarantee a place on the module and is subject to availability.
- Gaining permission of a member of CIM teaching staff or a member of staff from your home department or filling in the eVision Module Registration (eMR) system with the desired module does NOT guarantee a place on that module.
- Requests after the specified deadline will not be considered.
- CIM PG Coordinator will get back confirming your place in the module by 2nd October, Friday (For CIM students).
- For external students - Only after confirmation of a place from CIM PG Coordinator can students’ or their home departments confirm their registration on eVision/MRM. Registrations by students who have not received confirmation of a place from CIM will be rejected via the system.
NOTE – The above-mentioned registration deadline also applies to the CIM optional modules running in Term 2. We will consider registrations again in the first week of Term 2, but only in relation to modules where there is availability.
We are normally unable to allow students (registered or auditing) to join/leave the module after the second week of it commencing.