Annual Retreat 2015-16
Dates: Tuesday 3rd May - Friday 6th May 2016
Location: Ironbridge Coalport YHA, John Rose Building, High Street, Coalport, Shropshire, TF8 7HT
Coach departure time: 8.30am from the department on Tuesday 3rd May
Coach return time: approximately midday on Friday 6th May
PhD student talk schedule
PhD students this year will be giving three minute talks. Please see this page for guidance and more information about giving a talk of this style. In particular guidance on the judging criteria for the Universities three minute thesis competition.
Please note the following about the venue:
- Landline number for the venue is 0845 371 9325 and e-mail is: email@example.com
- The venue has Free WiFi available in communal areas
- Parking is available on-site at a charge of £2 per 24 hours
- Tea, (instant) coffee and biscuits provided by Complexity will be available at all times (i.e. outside the scheduled coffee breaks).
- A fully-equipped kitchen is available if you wish to prepare your own snacks.
- There is a lounge and games area for our exclusive use
- There will be a designated quiet study area for Masters students who need to revise for exams
- There will be a bar open in the evenings. Payment is by cash or by card if over £5.
Finally, please remember to bring the following:
- Enough cash for the duration.
- Towel (These can be hired from the venue for a fee of £2 and a £5 deposit).
- Waterproofs and walking boots/shoes if you plan on walking.