See here for conferences from 2014 onwards
ECCS 2013 16-20 September, Barcelona - talk ECCS2013
- Viva seminar Talk, University of Warwick Complexity Science Centre, 25th June 2013 (It is customary in Warwick Complexity doctoral training centre to give a seminar talk on the same day as your PhD viva)
- Young Researchers in Mathematics 2013, Edinburgh University, 17-20 June 2013 YRM2013
- Seminar talk Applied Mathematics research Centre, 10th May 2013, Coventry University, UK. Abstract
- 2013 IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence in healthcare and e-health (IEEE CICARE
2013) , 15-19 April , Singapore CICARE13, peer-veviewed paper presentation.
- European Conference on Complex Systems, 3-7 September, Brussels ECCS12 Poster presentation.
- Student Conference on Complexity Science 2012,9-12th August, Gloucester, UK.
- Young Researchers in Mathematics 2012, 2-4 April, Bristol YRM2012. Talk given in Statistics and Probability track.
- Conference on Statistical Computation and Complex Systems 2011, 19-21 September, Padua SCo2011 . Poster presentation.
- European Conference on Complex Systems 2011, 12-16 September 2011, Vienna ECCS2011 . Poster presentation at main conference; POSTER PRIZE AWARDED. Talk Given at PhD satellite meeting.
- Student Conference on Complexity Science 2011, 5-6 August, Winchester, UK. SCCS2011. Gave a 15-minute talk
- International Conference on Complex Systems 2011, 26 June-1 July, Boston ICCS2011. Poster presentation. Online proceedings : See Tuesday June 28th Evening Poster Session A, abstract 184.
- Young Researchers in Mathematics 2011, 14th-14th April 2011, University of Warwick. Martine was on the organising committee, with particular responsibility for winning sponsorship from commercial partners, and gave a talk. Young Researchers in Mathematics 2011
- Warwick Medical School annual Symposium 20th January 2011 - Poster presentation: POSTER COMMENDED Poster Abstract
- IMA early career mathematicians' conference, 20th November 2010, London http://www.ima.org.uk/Conferences/13_ecm/index.html
- European Conference on Complex Systems,13th-17th September 2010, Lisbon. ECCS'10 European Conference on Complex Systems. Organising committee of 'Young Researchers' session' http://www.eccs2010.eu/satellitemeetings and presentation 'Predicting patient outcomes: artiﬁcial neural network analysis of a complex intervention for back pain.' http://phd.eccs2010.eu/doku.php. Video of talks here: Young researchers talks. Photographs ECCS2010
- Joint RSS & Midland HTMR meeting , Stratified Medicine: Diagnostic, Prognostic and Predictive Biomarkers in Clinical Practice, 30th June 2010, University of Birmingham. http://www.rssenews.org.uk/events/20100528
- 'How to talk Maths in Public' , 8th-9th June 2010, University of Manchester, an IMA conference on public engagement with Marcus du Sautoy, Ian Stewart, David Spiegelhalter, Simon Singh and others. How to talk Maths in Public
- 73rd European Study Group with Industry, 12th - 16th April 2010, The University of Warwick 73rd European Study Group with Industry Martine was involved in a project researching whether hurricanes track each other within a season and what the mechanism might be. In collaboration with the Knowledge Transfer Network, The Met Office and Lloyds of London. Report: KTN Report
- Oxford Centre for Collaborative Applied Mathematics 2nd UK Graduate Modelling Camp, 6th-9th April 2010, The Mathematical Institute & St Hugh's College, Oxford. OCCAM Graduate Modelling Camp 2010 Martine was involved in a project to discover whether a cadaver decomposition island could be used to predict time of death. Cadaver Decomposition Island Report .
- Institute of Mathematics and its Applications 6th International conference on Quantitative Modelling in the Management of Healthcare 29th-31st March 2010, Mary Ward House, London. IMA Quantitative Modelling in the Management of Healthcare
- Young Researchers in Mathematics 2010 25th-27th March 2010, Univerity of Cambridge. Young Researchers in Mathematics Martine is on the organising committee for next year's conference at University of Warwick 14th-16th April 2011
- The Society for Academic Primary Care (South West Region) Annual Research Conference 23rd-24th March 2010, St. Hugh's College, Oxford. South West SAPC
- European Conference on Complex Systems, 21st - 25th September 2009, Univerity of Warwick. Martine gave a talk entitled: A pain in the back! Predicting patient outcomes for a complex intervention on machine learning with an artificial neural network.
- Martine was on the organising committee for one of the ECCS09 Satellite meetings:PhD "In Progress" Workshop and gave a talk.
- Joint Conference of EPSRC funded Complexity doctoral training centres at University of Warwick and University of Bristol http://bccs.bris.ac.uk/ in Gloucestershire in July.
- Beyond Part III conference for Young Researchers in Mathematics 2009
Martine attended the Beyond Part III conference organised by students at the Centre for Mathematical Sciences, University of Cambridge, held as part of that institution's 800th anniversary.
The plenary lecture and panel discussion were given by academics, and the parallel session talks were given by PhD students. Martine focussed her attendance in the Statisitcs and Probability, supplemented by some Analysis and Combinatorics. There were approximately 200 PhD students in attendance.
Beyond Part III Conference
- Non-Equilibrium Dynamics of Large-Scale Complex Systems
Martine attended the Summer School organised by the University of Manchester titled Non-Equilibrium Dynamics of Large-Scale Complex Systems in September 2008.
The school was aimed at PhD students, and postdoc and industrial researchers. The school attracted about 30 students from 16 nations. The school began with a series of foundation lectures on Dynamical systems and fractals, computational modelling, adaptive systems, and networks, given by the principal organisers. Then followed research lectures, largely by invited speakers, which included social networks, climate change, language change and neural systems.
The school closed with presentations of the student-proposed group projects, which had been in progress between lectures. Martine was involved in a project to model the effect of an individual trying to propagate an ideology through an initially fully connected social network. An agent-based model was used to investigate the probable effects on the network structure, using ideas from the voter model.
- Poster Summer School Poster
Please click on 'Page contact: Martine Barons' below to send an email