The 39th International Colloquium on Automata, Languages and Programming (ICALP 2012), the main European conference in Theoretical Computer Science and annual meeting of the European Association for Theoretical Computer Science (EATCS), took place on 9 - 13 July 2012 at the University of Warwick, UK.
The conference was one of the Alan Turing Centenary Celebration events, celebrating the Life and Work, and Legacy of Alan Turing. Prof David Harel from the Weizmann Institute of Science, gave a special Alan Turing talk during the conference.
- EATCS and ACM's Special Interest Group on Algorithms and Computation Theory (SIGACT) awarded the Gödel Prize 2012 to three groups of researchers for their contributions to understanding how selfish behavior by users and service providers impacts the behavior of the Internet and other complex computational systems. The papers were presented by Elias Koutsoupias and Christos H. Papadimitriou, Tim Roughgarden and Éva Tardos, and Noam Nisan and Amir Ronen. (Announcement and pdf text)
- The Presburger Award Committee 2012, consisting of Monika Henzinger, Antonin Kucera, and Stefano Leonardi (chair), has unanimously decided to propose Venkatesan Guruswami (Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh) and Mihai Patrascu (AT&T Labs) as joint recipients of the 2012 EATCS Presburger Award for young scientists. (pdf)
- The EATCS Awards Committee consisting of Leslie Ann Goldberg, Friedhelm Meyer auf der Heide and Eugenio Moggi (chair), has unanimously decided to give the 2012 EATCS Award to Moshe Vardi (Rice University). (pdf)
The main conference was preceded by a series of workshops taking place on Sunday, July 8.
The full conference program consisted of 134 talks: 124 contributed talks selected by the PC, 6 invited talks, and 4 special presentations given by the winners of EATCS/ACM SIGACT Gödel Prize 2012, EATCS Award 2012, and EATCS Presburger Award 2012.
Attendance numbers: 212 registered participants, including 66 students.
We thank the sponsors Microsoft Research, the Centre for Discrete Mathematics and its Applications (DIMAP), Springer Verlag, the European Association for Theoretical Computer Science (EATCS) for their support, and the University of Warwick for hosting ICALP 2012.
PC Chair: Kurt Mehlhorn, Max Planck Institute for Informatics in Saarbrücken, Germany
PC Chair: Andrew Pitts, University of Cambridge
PC Chair: Roger Wattenhofer, ETH Zürich
- Submission: 23:59 GMT on February 21, 2012
- Notification: April 17 2012
- Final manuscript due: May 8, 2012
- The conference: July 9 - 13, 2012