The 39th International Colloquium on Automata, Languages and Programming (ICALP 2012), the main conference and annual meeting of the European Association for Theoretical Computer Science (EATCS), will take place on 9-13 July 2012 at the University of Warwick, UK.
The main conference will be preceded by a series of workshops, taking place on Sunday 8 July 2012 (i.e., one day before ICALP).
Workshop proposals are invited for workshops on topics related to all aspects of theoretical computer science. (A workshop may relate to any of the three tracks of ICALP, but workshop proposals related to other aspects of theoretical computer science will be considered as well.) Typically, ICALP workshops feature a number of invited speakers and a number of contributed presentations. ICALP workshops do not necessarily produce formal proceedings. However, in the past there have been, e.g., LNCS proceedings or special issues of journals based in part on some ICALP workshops. Workshop proposals should be no longer than two pages and should include:
- Title of the workshop
- Person responsible for the workshop (name and email address)
- A short scientific summary and justification of the proposed topic. This should include a discussion of the particular benefits of the topic to the ICALP community.
- A discussion of the proposed format and agenda
- The proposed duration (how many hours of program)
- Procedures for selecting participants and papers
- Expected number of participants
- If the workshop has taken place before, please provide the following information:
- How often the workshop has taken place so far
- Which conference(s) the workshop has been collocated with so far
- The web address of the last workshop, if available
- How many participants took part in the last workshop
- Potential invited speakers
- Plans for dissemination (for example, journal special issues)
Proposals are due on 18 December 2011, and should be submitted by email to the Conference Chair at <email@example.com>.
Notifications will be sent by 31 December 2011.
In accordance with the EATCS policies, any workshop collocated with ICALP is expected to be financially independent. However, the registration fee should be as low as possible.
We provide the following aspects of the workshop organisation:
- wireless network, conference rooms, etc. (as for ICALP)
- a link to the web page of the workshop
- on request: organization of coffee breaks
- on request: organization of lunches
- on request: organization of workshop dinner
- hotel reservation
We do NOT provide:
- management of any scientific aspects of the workshop program (the workshop organizers are responsible for call for papers, call for participation, notification, program, workshop webpage, publication of workshop proceedings or journal special issues, etc.)
- publicity for the workshop
ICALP 2012 is organised by the Centre for Discrete Mathematics and its Applications (DIMAP) and the Department of Computer Science at the University of Warwick.
- Workshop proposal submission: 18 December 2011
- Notification: 31 December 2011