Warwick's Institute of Advanced Study is a diverse, respectful and mutually-supportive community of ambitious interdisciplinary postdoctoral scholars. In the short application below we ask you to identify how you plan to use the opportunities available to you and your proposed contributions to this community.
Postdoctoral Researchers are a vital part of Warwick’s academic community. You bring a wealth of research experience and expertise to our endeavours, and in so doing you underpin Warwick's position as a leading research institution. Whether you stay at Warwick, move to an organisation elsewhere, or establish your own enterprise, your future success is deeply connected with that of Warwick; you become part of our international network.
IAS Associate Fellows are part of a campus-wide community of postdocs who are employed in various roles in departments across Warwick. The aim of this non-stipendiary fellowship is to provide you with a range of opportunities to help develop your independent academic research career. Activities are aimed at developing interdisciplinarity, internationalisation, research excellence, independence and leadership.
We recognise that for postdocs precarity in employment is a problem and that those pursuing an academic career may not always be in a research position. Therefore, this scheme is not just for those in a postdoctoral research position at Warwick but is open to the wider postdoctoral community including Teaching Fellows and those in administrative positions.
Associate Fellows can:
- Access the Accolade (Academic Careers and Leadership Development) Programme designed for fellows to enhance their skills to become future leaders in academia.
- Contribute to or facilitate workshops within the Accolade Programme to share your ideas, expertise and experience.
- Connect and exchange ideas with our diverse community of fellows via our Postdoc Community Team Space and at IAS events.
- Use our facilities in the Zeeman building including a stocked kitchen, common room, meeting rooms, hot desks and seminar room.
- Apply for IAS awards as PI for research development and events.
- Join Exchanges: The Interdisciplinary Research Journal as an ambassador.
- Participate in IAS networking and social events, to meet with IAS Fellows and International Visitors.
- Propose innovative and interdisciplinary research cafes and salons, funded and administered by the IAS;
- Share and receive information about calls, events and opportunities that support postdoc career advancement including (but not limited to) EUTOPIA calls and events, IAS Schemes and Accolade panels on funding and fellowship schemes.
- Contribute to and access our growing resources online via Teams and within the resources portal.
Our short application process helps us learn about your proposed contributions to this community and the benefits you hope to accrue. Review of applications takes place within IAS on a weekly basis. We review Associate Fellowship Awards annually through a light-touch process. Applications are welcomed at any time.
Any queries regarding the completion of this form can be directed to the IAS via. You will need to log in with your ITS credentials in order to complete this form.
Please fill out this Equal Opportunities survey as a part of your application.