Global Futures: Building Interdisciplinary Postdoctoral Research Careers
19 - 20 May 2016 | Scarman House, University of Warwick
The second annual symposium at the Institute of Advanced Study concentrated on the Early Career Researcher (ECR), in collaboration with Research & Impact Services and the Faculty of Science. Over two days we convened a series of seminars that look at the different aspects of interdisciplinary postdoctoral research careers. Seminars included:
- Sources of funding for postdoctoral researchers - with speakers from several major funding bodies
- Writing successful fellowship bids - with live testimony from successful candidates
- Building a research career - and how to overcome the common pitfalls
- Engaging with the public - how to advance and promote your research through differnet activities
- For more details please see the Programme.
This event was held at the University of Warwick for interested final year PhD candidates, postdoctoral researchers and other early career academics. Please be advised that registration is now closed.
Selected postdoctoral attendees had the opportunity to enter the 'Picture My Research' flash talk competition. We challenged you to describe your research interests to a non-specific academic audience in three minutes or less, using a single image.