- Are you currently teaching in an interdisciplinary context within higher education?
- Would you like to develop your thinking and planning for cross-faculty teaching?
- Are you passionate about the opportunities for inter/trans-disciplinary learning?
IATL is offering a small cohort of staff and postgraduate students the chance to register for a Postgraduate Award in Interdisciplinary Pedagogy, which will be convened and assessed by IATL academic staff. Their expertise in engaging learners from all four faculties at Warwick will be shared during the programme, and the participants will have an opportunity to reflect upon, and evaluate, their own pedagogic practice. The pilot year for this new qualification will be 2018/19, with monthly workshops taking place January-June 2019. The award is assessed via a portfolio of evidence and a practice-based presentation in the summer months.
Following an initial online application process, participants will be enrolled on a core 30 CATS module on ‘Interdisciplinary Teaching & Learning’, with the following aims:
- Introduce interdisciplinarity at postgraduate level with a particular focus on good practice for facilitators (educators, practitioners, academics, researchers and administrators) of teaching and learning;
- Approach higher education conceptually with a particular focus on practices of teaching and learning (seminars, workshops, events, online activity, policy-making);
- Critically evaluate interdisciplinarity and its variants with a particular focus on multi-, inter-, trans- and non-disciplinary approaches as they relate to pedagogic practice.
For initial enquiries about this programme in 2019/20 please email Jonathan dot Heron at warwick dot ac dot uk
Further information about course content and assessment methods will be made available soon.
jonathan dot heron at warwick dot ac dot uk
6 months (January - June 2019)
Portfolio of evidence
Who should apply?
- Any member of academic staff;
- Any member of administrative staff;
- Any postgraduate student;
Application:All applications should be made via the online form.
For more information, please contact Dr Jonathan Heron at jonathan dot heron at warwick dot ac dot uk