Current students funded by either an ESRC DTC at the Universities of Birmingham, Nottingham and Warwick, or the Midlands Graduate School ESRC DTP have access to a number of Advanced Training modules each year at the University of Birmingham, free of charge. These modules can be taken for credit or audit, subject to availability. If taken for credit, these credits can be transferred back to your home institution. Unless otherwise stated, all advanced training courses run as 2-day intensive workshops from 10:00 until 16:00 with breaks.
Advanced Training Modules available in 2020/21 (Module dates and assignment due dates to be confirmed)
- Advanced Qualitative Interviewing (10 credits) (Awaiting further information)
- Approaches to Research on Discourse (10 credits)
- Introduction to Causal Inference (10 credits)
- Introduction to Econometric Software (10 credits)
- Introduction to Time Series Regression (10 credits)
- Mixed Methods Research Design (10 credits)
- Multivariate Linear to Logistic Regression (10 credits)
- Policy Evaluation (10 credits)
- Q Methodology - A Systematic Approach for Interpretive Research Design (10 credits)
- Regression with Categorical Dependent Variables (10 credits)
- Researching Disability (10 credits)
- Researching Young People (10 credits)
If you are an ESRC DTC or DTP student from one of our partner institutions (the Universities of Nottingham, Warwick, Aston, Leicester and Loughborough) and you would like to express an interest in registering for any of these courses please contact email@example.com, copying in firstname.lastname@example.org, stating which course you are interested in. A member of the team will confirm if a place is available and you will be asked to complete this Single Module Enrolment Form to enable us to register you as a PG Affiliate Student.
Please note that places on these courses are limited, and that the list of modules available will vary from year to year.
Please register your interest in a module at least 3 weeks before the module is scheduled to begin.
Your registration will be confirmed within two weeks.