XMaS operates under the following Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
A) The Number of Individual Researchers and University Research Groups [“users”] that have made use of the XMaS beamline in that Period. This should be expressed as a Total Number for that period.
B) Number of User Complaints received during the period. This should be expressed as a percentage of the Total Number of User Approvals made within the period.
C) The Uptime of the beamline within the period. This should be expressed as a percentage of the Total Available Time within that Period.
D) The Number of research outputs. This should be expressed as a Total Number for the period.
XMaS operates under the following Service Level Agreements (SLAs):
- Requests for beamtime will have decisions made within 20 days of the PRP meeting subject to knowledge of the ESRF review process. In 'exceptional' cases, Users will be informed by the service operator if these benchmark times are going to be exceeded and an explanation provided.
- Facility Users will have access to facility staff for assistance on site.
- The facility will be operational and available for use for 80% (eighty percent) of the maximum possible operational time.
- The facility will train all new Users in the safe and effective use of the beamline.
- The facility will perform a minimum of 2 (two) publicity activities per year.
- The facility will generate a minimum of 15 (fifteen) research outputs per year.
- The facility will respond to all User enquiries clearly and quickly in line within 5 (five) working days for emails and 2 (two) working days for telephone enquiries.
- The facility will respond to User complaints within 10 (ten) working days.
- The facility will treat all proposals equally, fairly and in confidence.
- The facility will treat all Users equally and fairly.
- The facility will uphold high standards of integrity in all operations and in contact with Users.
- A full historical record of KPI and SLA data is maintained on our webpage and is updated quarterly in standard operating periods and reviewed every six months by the project management committee.