You are welcome to my Warwick MSc webpage (2016-2017)
See my current PhD profile here.
Analytical Science and Instrumentation (ASI) MSc, at the University of Warwick, 2017.
My MSc project is on "New Electrochemical Platform for Pathogen Detection" under the supervision of Professor Patrick R. Unwin ( Warwick Electrochemistry and Interface Group) & Prof Matthew I. Gibson(Warwick Medical School).
Motivated by the severity of antibiotic resistance and the global need for new treatments and diagnostics, the research aims at incorporating glycotechnology into Single Nanoparticle Electrochemical Impact (SNEI), towards the potential birth of a new electrochemical platform for lectin and pathogen biosensing. This has the prospect of achieving detection of proteins, toxins, and bacteria with a selectivity that has not yet been attained with SNEI. Furthermore, the success of this investigation could pave the way to the study of carbohydrate-protein interactions in non-transparent media. This is impossible with the existing method of detection by UV-Vis spectrophotometer and vital for applications in real complex biological fluids such as blood and urine.
BTech (Hons) in Industrial Chemistry at the Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA), Ondo State, Nigeria (2009 - 2014)
PREVIOUS RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
My previous research experience borders majorly on (Bio)(Nano)Material Chemistry:
- BTech Project: Synthesis, Characterization, and Application of Bentonite-Stabilized Iron-Palladium Nanocomposite for Rapid Removal of Lead in Aqueous Solution.
- Enhancement of Physical and Mechanical Properties of Dioscorea Dometorum Starch Films with Dialdehyde Starch Solution. Accepted Manuscript. Starch (Wiley)
- Physicochemical properties of cassava starch and starch-keratin prepared biofilm
- Adsorption Studies of Cu2+ from Aqueous Solutions Using Unmodified and Citric Acid – Modified Plantain (Musa paradisiaca) Peels.
- Dioscorea Dumetorum Pax as an Alternative Starch Source for Industrial Applications.
PREVIOUS PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Since June 2016 (On Study Leave): Graduate Teaching and Research Assistant, Department of Chemistry, Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA), Nigeria. (Since June 2016: On Study Leave)
- May 2015- May 2016: Graduate Teaching and Research Assistant, Department of Science Laboratory Technology, Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic, Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi State. Nigeria.
- June - December 2013: Intern Quality Control Analyst, Yale Foods Limited, Ibadan, Nigeria.
- April - May 2013: Intern Quality Control and HSE personnel, Nigeria National Petroleum Cooperation, Pipeline Product Marketing Company, Ibadan, Oyo State. Nigeria.
O dot Wahab at warwick dot ac dot uk
oluwasegun dot wahab at gmail dot com