My research interests lie at the interface between mathematics, molecular biology and synthetic biology. In particular, I work on modelling the interaction between genetically encoded control circuits and cell metabolism, and use dynamical systems theory to understand how parameters and control circuit architecture affect the system behaviour.
I am very interested in applying models to understanding and direct the design of synthetic genetic circuits, for applications in metabolic engineering (biochemical production) and synthetic biology.
Throughout my career, I have enjoyed and benefited from working closely with experimentalists in UK, Japan and USA, and endeavour to make strong contributions to science through collaborative research.
- Synthetic control circuits, transcriptional regulation, control and regulation of cell metabolism, control circuit design and optimization, dynamic metabolic control, synthetic biology
- 2003-2007 - MSci in Mathematics - Imperial College London
- 2008-2012 - PhD in Systems Biology - University of Surrey
- 2012-2013 - Postdoc with Prof Andrzej Kierzek - Dept. of Microbial Sciences, University of Surrey
- Developed kinetic model of E. coli central carbon metabolism.
- In collaboration with Dr Yoshihiro Toya, Keio University, Japan.
- 2013-2015 - Postdoc with Prof Adam Price and Dr. Oliver Ebenhoeh - Dept. of Plant Sciences and ICSMB, University of Aberdeen
- Understanding metabolism of O. sativa and molecular evolution of A. thaliana.
- In collaboration with Jun.Prof.Dr. Oliver Ebenhoeh, Heinrich Heine University, Germany.
- 2015-2018 - Postdoc with Dr Diego Oyarzun - Biomolecular control group, Dept. of Mathematics, Imperial College London
- Developing a kinetic model of transcription factor-based regulation of E. coli fatty acid metabolism, and understanding the roles of the control circuit architecture and parameters in driving system behaviour.
- In collaboration with the Biomolecular engineering and Synthetic Biology lab of Dr. Fuzhong Zhang, Washington University in St. Louis, USA, particularly, Di Liu and Christopher Hartline.
View All Publications