Gary joined the University of Warwick in January 2017 and is continuing his current research into rapid prototyping of geosynthetics interfaces. Additionally, his research portfolio includes waste containment, slope stability early warning systems, sustainable construction and soil modification with admixtures. He has extensive industry connections, and has international collaborations with a number of universities.
- EPSRC (£99,434), 2015, P-I, 3D Printing of High Strength Geosynthetic Interfaces, EP/M015483/1 + £1000 top up from IGS UK.
- FCC Environment / Jones Bros. Ruthin (Civil Engineering) Co. Ltd. (9,850), 2014, Design and Installation of Instrumentation for Judkins Quarry Landfill Capping.
- Defra (£76,450), 2006, Landfill Settlement: Controlling the Time to Completion - WR0301.
- EngD, Engineering Doctorate, Loughborough University, 2008.
- MSc, Geotechnical Engineering, Distinction, University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK, 2003.
- BSc, Geology, First Class Honours, Durham University, UK, 2002.
- University of Warwick, Associate Professor in Civil Engineering (2017-)
- Loughborough University
- Senior Lecturer in Engineering Geology (2016)
- Lecturer in Engineering Geology (2013 - 2016)
- FCC Environment (Formerly Waste Recycling Group)
- Senior Geotechnical Engineer (2012)
- Engineering Designer (2010 to 2011)
- Qualifications and Curriculum Development Agency
- Senior Data Analyst (2010)
- Golder Associates (UK) Ltd - Nottingham, UK
- Geotechnical Research Engineer (2004-2008)
- Geotechnical Engineer (2008 to 2010)
- Chartered Member of Institution of Civil Engineers [CEng MICE]
- Registered Ground Engineering Professional (RoGEP)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Authority
- Member of International Geosynthetics Society (UK Chapter). Chair 2014 - 2016. Committee member since 2004.
- British Geotechnical Association Member 2014-Present, Committee member (2014 - 2016)
- ISSMGE (2017 - Present)