Dr Merih Kucukler is an Assistant Professor in Civil Engineering in the School of Engineering at the University of Warwick. He obtained his PhD in Structural Engineering from Imperial College London, from where he also received an MSc with Distinction in Structural Steel Design. Dr Kucukler's PhD research focused on the development of a new, stiffness reduction based design approach for steel structures, where methods for the assessment of a broad range of instability phenomena encountered in steel structures on the basis of this new design philosophy were derived. After obtaining his PhD, he worked at Imperial College London as a Postdoctoral Research Associate within the steel structures research group. Following his Postdoc position at Imperial College, he joined the University of Warwick as an Assistant Professor. Dr Kucukler is a member of the Editorial Board of the Structures journal of Elsevier. He is also a peer reviewer for a number of top ranking research journals in his field such as Engineering Structures, Journal of Constructional Steel Research, Thin-Walled Structures, International Journal of Steel Structures, ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering and Structures. He is engaged in teaching in the subjects of computational modelling and steel structures. His research interests primarily lie in the areas of structural stability, laboratory testing, numerical modelling and development of structural steel design methods.
- Kucukler, Merih, 2020. Compressive resistance of high-strength and normal-strength steel CHS members at elevated temperatures. Thin-Walled Structures, 152, View
- Kucukler, Merih, 2020. Lateral instability of steel beams in fire : behaviour, numerical modelling and design. Journal of Constructional Steel Research, 170, View
- Kucukler, Merih, Gardner, Leroy, Bub, Yidu, 2020. Flexural-torsional buckling of austenitic stainless steel I-section beam-columns : testing, numerical modelling and design. Thin-Walled Structures, 152, View
- Kucukler, Merih, 2020. Flexural buckling behaviour and design of duplex and ferritic stainless steel I-section columns. Thin-Walled Structures, 156, View
- Quan, Chunyan, Kucukler, Merih, Gardner, Leroy, 2020. Design of web-tapered steel I-section members by second-order inelastic analysis with strain limits. Engineering Structures, 224, View
View All Publications