- Module code: ES434
- Module name: ASICS, MEMS and Smart Devices
- Department: School of Engineering
- Credit: 15
Module content and teaching
The course aims to present, mainly though substantial practical experience, the design methodology of Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASICs) and Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMS).
Principal learning outcomes
- Critique the main principles of ASICs, smart systems and devices
- Design ASICS and MEMS through practical experience using typical modern Computer Aided Design software for this task
- Understand emerging techniques in ASICs, MEMS and smart sensor systems.
- Evaluate the principles and processes involved in the implementation of complex VLSI circuits and MEMS devices