Submission deadline: 17:00 on 22 October 2021
The call for HetSys PhD projects to start in October 2022 is now open. The deadline for applications is Friday 22nd October at 5pm.
We plan to advertise 15-20 projects for a cohort intake of 10.
As in previous years, projects which attract match funding of around 50% (ca. £50k across the 4-year PhD) will be prioritised for recruitment: in the 2020 and 2021 intakes, all of the PhD projects with funding from an industrial partner were recruited to.
The key requirements for a HetSys PhD project are unchanged:
- Span disciplinary barriers. Real-world heterogeneous systems are intrinsically multidisciplinary, requiring integration of diverse modelling methods.
- Incorporate uncertainty in modelling. Training in uncertainty quantification will enable students not only to perform simulations, but to quantitatively assess their reliability.
- Promote robust Research Software Engineering (RSE). Training in sustainable software development will enhance software usability and extend its lifetime
Key selection criteria is as follows:
- alignment with HetSys’ aims and training provision;
- engagement with partners, ideally including significant match funding;
- ongoing and/or scope for engagement of supervisor and research group with the HetSys community, e.g. through training or participation in other HetSys activities such as study groups, conferences, seminar series, etc
Please complete as much of the form as possible; we appreciate for example that a number of details may not yet be finalised.
This form is closed and is no longer accepting any submissions. Thank you for your time.