- 4th - 9th September:
- PPARC Introductory Course in Solar and Solar-Terrestrial Physics, University of Warwick, UK
- 12th - 25th September:
- "Turbulent flow with a focus on Technology and Physics" Wilhelm und Else Hereaus Summer School for Physics, University of Potsdam, Germany
- 26th June - 1st July:
- Joint Workshop and Graduate summer school: "Instabilities and Turbulence in MHD flows", University of Warwick, UK
- 10th -14th July:
- LMS/EPSRC course: "Non-equilibrium statistical mechanics & turbulence", University of Warwick, UK
- 17th - 28th July:
- 43rd Culham Plasma Physics Summer School, Culham, Oxford, UK
- 20th - 29th August:
- Complex Systems Summer School, "From Individual to Collective Behaviour in Large-Scale Complex Systems " Ambleside, University of Manchester, UK
- 25th - 29th September:
- ECCS '06 (European Conference on Complex Systems), Saïd Business School, University of Oxford, UK
- At which I presented this poster titled: Mutual Information as a Tool for Identifying Phase Transitions in Complex Systems.
- 15th - 20th April:
- European Geophysical Union, Vienna, Austria.
- At which I gave oral presentations in two sessions: "Nonlinear time series analysis in the geosciences", and "Coupling between regions and scales: the future is multipoint and multi-instrument". These presentations are available for download from this page.
- 2nd - 6th July:
- 34th European Physical Society Conference on Plasma Physics, Warsaw, Poland.
- Where I presented the poster "Using mutual information to quantify spatial correlation between simultaneous spacecraft measurements of solar wind plasma turbulence" which received a commendation in the Itoh prize.
- 15th - 20th July:
- First ITER Summer School, Cadarache, France
- 13th - 17th August:
- Natural Complexity: Data and Theory in Dialogue Conference. Clare College, Cambridge, UK
- 30th November:
- MIST London, UK
- 10th - 14th December:
- AGU, San Francisco, Claifornia, USA
- 27th March:
- Invited seminar at British Antarctic Survey, Cambridge