Profile and interests:
Robin Goodwin is Professor in Psychology and Head of Psychology Department, University of Warwick. His research focuses on the impact of large-scale societal transitions and threats on our relationships with others and our everyday psychological processes. He has a particular interest in the ways in which individual differences combine with group and cultural variations in informing responses to change and threats. Recent projects include a Leverhulme Trust sponsored six-wave prospective study of refugees from the Great East Japan Earthquake (with Tohoku University), an investigation of the impact of the 2015 terror attacks in Paris on interpersonal relationships with family, friends, and the wider Muslim community, and a cross-cultural investigation on the relationship between the everyday social interactions of poultry farmers and the spread of avian influenza in India and China (with Shiv Nadar and Fudan Universities).
- Goodwin, R., Lemola, S., & Ben-Ezra, M. (2018). Media use and insomnia after terror attacks in France. Journal of Psychiatric Research, 98, 47-50.
Goodwin, R., Kaniasty K., Sun, S., & Ben-Ezra, M. (2017). Psychological distress and prejudice following terror attacks in France. Journal of Psychiatric Research, 91, 111-115.
Goodwin, R., Leshem, E., & Ben-Ezra, M. (2016) Psychological distress, interpersonal closeness and discrimination following the Charlie Hebdo attacks. Psychotherapy & Psychosomatics, 85, 190-191.
Goodwin, R., Takahashi, M., Sun, S., & Ben-Ezra, M. (2015). Psychological distress amongst tsunami refugees from the Great East Japan Earthquake. British Journal of Psychiatry (Open). 1 (1) 92-97; DOI: 10.1192/bjpo.bp.115.000422
Ben-Ezra, M., Leshem, E., and Goodwin, R. (2015). In the Wake of National Trauma: Psychological Reactions Following the Charlie Hebdo Terror Attack. American Journal of Psychiatry, 172 (8), 795-96. DOI: 10.1176/appi.ajp.2015.15020239
- Ben-Ezra M., Shigemura J., Palgi Y., Hamama-Raz Y., Lavenda O., Suzuki M, Goodwin, R (in press). From Hiroshima to Fukushima: PTSD symptoms and radiation stigma across regions in Japan. Journal of Psychiatric Research. doi: 10.1016/j.jpsychires.2014.10.006.
- Bardi, A., Buchanan, KE., Goodwin, R., Slabu, L. and Robinson, M. (2014). Value stability and change during self-chosen life transitions: Self-selection versus socialization effects. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 106 (1): 131- 147
- Goodwin, R. and Sun, S. (2014) Early responses to H7N9 in southern mainland China. BMC Infectious Diseases 148.
- Goodwin, R., Palgi, Y., Hamama-Raz, Y. and Ben-Ezra, M. (2013). In the eye of the storm or the bullseye of the media: Social media use during Hurricane Sandy as a predictor of post-traumatic stress. Journal of Psychiatric Research 47 (8) 1099- 1100
- Goodwin, R. and Sun, S. (2013). Public perceptions and reactions to H7N9 in Mainland China. Journal of Infection 67 (5): 458- 462