Robin Goodwin (Professor)
Recent selected publications:
Kang, T.S., Goodwin, R., Hamama-Raz, Y., Leshem, E. & Ben-Ezra, M (in press) Disability and Post-traumatic Stress Symptoms in the Ukrainian General Population During the 2022 Russian Invasion. Epidemiology and Psychiatric Sciences
Levin, Y., Ben-Ezra, M., Hamama-Raz, Y., Maercker, A., Goodwin, R., Leshem, E., & Bachem R. (in press). The Ukraine-Russia war: A symptoms network of complex posttraumatic stress disorder during continuous traumatic stress. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy.
Goodwin, R., Hamama-Raz, Y., Leshem, E., & Ben-Ezra, M. (2023). National Resilience in Ukraine following the 2022 Russian invasion. International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction. Here
- Kang, T., & Goodwin, R (2022). Legal restrictions and mitigation strategies amongst a disabled population during COVID-19. Social Science and Medicine. Here
- Goodwin R., Ben-Ezra, M., Takahashi, M., Nguyen Luu, LA., Borsfay K., Kovacs, M., Hou, WK., Hamama-Raz, Y., Levin, Y. (2022).
Psychological factors underpinning vaccine willingness in Israel, Japan and Hungary. Scientific Reports. Here
- Hoffman, Y.S.G., Levin, Y., Palgi, Y., Goodwin, R et al. (2022). Vaccine hesitancy prospectively predicts nocebo side-effects following COVID-19 vaccination. Scientific Reports Here
- Wiwattanapantuwong, J., Tuicomepee, A., Suttiwan, P., Watakakosol, R., Ben-Ezra, M.,& Goodwin, R. (2022). For better or worse: Relationship change in Thailand during COVID-19. PLoS One. Here
- Hou WK., Lee, TMC., Lee, LL., Wai, T., Liu, H., Tong, H., Ben-Ezra, M., & Goodwin, R. (2021). Psychiatric symptoms and behavioral adjustment during the COVID-19 pandemic: Evidence from two population-representative cohorts. Translational Psychiatry. Here
- Goodwin, R., Hou, W.K., Sun, S., & Ben-Ezra, M. (2021). Psychological and behavioural responses to covid-19: A China-Britain comparison. BMJ Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health, 75, 189-92. Here
- Hou, WK., Tong, H., Liang, L., Li, T.W., Liu, H., Ben-Ezra, M., Goodwin, R., & Lee, T.M-C. (2021).Probable anxiety and components of psychological resilience amid COVID-19: A population-based study. Journal of Affective Disorders, 282, 594-601. Here
- Ben-Ezra, Hou, W.K., & Goodwin, R. (2021). Investigating the relationship between COVID-19-related and distress and ICD-11 adjustment disorder: two cross-sectional studies. British Journal of Psychiatry (Open). Here
Ben-Erza, M., Hamama-Raz, Y., Goodwin, R, Leshem, E., & Levin, Y. (2021). Association between mental health trajectories and somatic symptoms following a second lockdown in Israel: a longitudinal study. British Medical Journal (Open). Here
- Goodwin, R., Sugiyama, K., Sun, S., Takahashi, T., & Aida, J. (2020).Trajectories of distress following the Great East Japan Earthquake: a multi-wave prospective study. Clinical Psychological Science. Here
- Liew, T., Goodwin, R., & Walasek, L. (2020). Voting patterns, revoking Article 50 and antidepressant trends in England following the Brexit referendum. Social Science and Medicine. Here
- Goodwin, R., Hou, W.K., Sun, S., & Ben-Ezra, M. (2020). Quarantine, distress and interpersonal relationships during COVID-19. BMJ General Psychiatry Here.
- Goodwin, R., Sugiyama, K., Sun, S., Jun, A., & Ben-Ezra, M. (2019). Distress six years after the Great Earthquake: Two, Multi-Level Prospective Analyses. British Journal of Psychiatry. Here
Goodwin, R., Leshem, E., & Ben-Ezra, M. (2016) Psychological distress, interpersonal closeness and discrimination following the Charlie Hebdo attacks. Psychotherapy & Psychosomatics, 85, 190-191.Here
- Goodwin, R., Palgi, Y., Lavanda, O., Hamama-Raz, Y., & Ben-Ezra. M. (2015). Association between Media Use, Acute Stress Disorder and Psychological Distress. Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics. 84, 253-254. doi:10.1159/000377706. Here
- Ben-Ezra, M., Leshem, E., and Goodwin, R. (2015). In the Wake of National Trauma: Psychological Reactions Following the Charlie Hebdo Terror Attack. American Journal of Psychiatry, 172 (8), 795-96. Here
- Bardi, A., Buchanan, KE., Goodwin, R., Slabu, L. and Robinson, M. (2014). Value stability and change during self-chosen life transitions: Self-selection versus socialization effects. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 106 (1): 131- 147.Here
Download open access versions of publications