Recent representative publications:
- Goodwin, R., Hou, W.K., Sun, S., & Ben-Ezra, M. (in press). Psychological and behavioural responses to covid-19: A China-Britain comparison. BMJ Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health
- Goodwin, R., Wiwattanapantuwong, J., Tuicomepee, A., Suttiwan, P., & Watakakosol, R. (2020). Anxiety and public responses to covid-19: Early data from Thailand. Journal of Psychiatric Research. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpsychires.2020.06.026
- Goodwin, R., Hou, W.K., Sun, S., & Ben-Ezra, M. (in press). Quarantine, distress and interpersonal relationships during COVID-19. BMJ General Psychiatry.
- Ben-Ezra, M., Hou, W.K., Sun, S., & Goodwin, R. (2020). The association of being in quarantine and related COVID-19 recommended and non-recommended behaviors with psychological distress in Chinese population. Journal of Affective Disorders. https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2020.06.026
Ben-Azra, M., Cary, N., & Goodwin, R (in press). The association between COVID-19 WHO non-recommended behaviors with psychological distress in the UK population: A preliminary study. Journal of Psychiatric Research. doi: 10.1016/j.jpsychires.2020.08.012
- Hou, W. K., Lai, F. T. T., Ben-Ezra, M., & Goodwin, R. (2020). Regularizing daily routines for mental health during and after the COVID-19 pandemic. Journal of Global Health. http://www.jogh.org/documents/issue202002/jogh-10-020315.htm
- Goodwin, R., Sugiyama, K., Sun, S., Takahashi, T., & Aida, J. (2020).Trajectories of distress following the Great East Japan Earthquake: a multi-wave prospective study. Clinical Psychological Science. https://doi.org/10.1177/2167702620949156
- Liew, T., Goodwin, R., & Walasek, L. (2020). Voting patterns, revoking Article 50 and antidepressant trends in England following the Brexit referendum. Social Science and Medicine. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2020.113025
- Goodwin, R., Sugiyama, K., Sun, S., Jun, A., & Ben-Ezra, M. (2019). Distress six years after the Great Earthquake: Two, Multi-Level Prospective Analyses. British Journal of Psychiatry. https://doi.org/10.1192/bjp.2019.251
- Goodwin, R., Lemola, S., & Ben-Ezra, M. (2018). Media use and insomnia after terror attacks in France. Journal of Psychiatric Research, 98, 47-50.
Goodwin, R., Kaniasty K., Sun, S., & Ben-Ezra, M. (2017). Psychological distress and prejudice following terror attacks in France. Journal of Psychiatric Research, 91, 111-115.
Goodwin, R., Leshem, E., & Ben-Ezra, M. (2016) Psychological distress, interpersonal closeness and discrimination following the Charlie Hebdo attacks. Psychotherapy & Psychosomatics, 85, 190-191.
- Goodwin, R., Palgi, Y., Lavanda, O., Hamama-Raz, Y., & Ben-Ezra. M. (2015). Association between Media Use, Acute Stress Disorder and Psychological Distress. Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics. 84, 253-254. doi:10.1159/000377706
Goodwin, R., Takahashi, M., Sun, S., & Ben-Ezra, M. (2015). Psychological distress amongst tsunami refugees from the Great East Japan Earthquake. British Journal of Psychiatry (Open). 1 (1) 92-97; DOI: 10.1192/bjpo.bp.115.000422
Ben-Ezra, M., Leshem, E., and Goodwin, R. (2015). In the Wake of National Trauma: Psychological Reactions Following the Charlie Hebdo Terror Attack. American Journal of Psychiatry, 172 (8), 795-96. DOI: 10.1176/appi.ajp.2015.15020239
- Ben-Ezra M., Shigemura J., Palgi Y., Hamama-Raz Y., Lavenda O., Suzuki M, Goodwin, R (2015). From Hiroshima to Fukushima: PTSD symptoms and radiation stigma across regions in Japan. Journal of Psychiatric Research. doi: 10.1016/j.jpsychires.2014.10.006.
- Bardi, A., Buchanan, KE., Goodwin, R., Slabu, L. and Robinson, M. (2014). Value stability and change during self-chosen life transitions: Self-selection versus socialization effects. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 106 (1): 131- 147
- Goodwin, R. and Sun, S. (2014) Early responses to H7N9 in southern mainland China. BMC Infectious Diseases 148.
- Goodwin, R., Palgi, Y., Hamama-Raz, Y. and Ben-Ezra, M. (2013). In the eye of the storm or the bullseye of the media: Social media use during Hurricane Sandy as a predictor of post-traumatic stress. Journal of Psychiatric Research 47 (8) 1099- 1100
- Goodwin, R. and Sun, S. (2013). Public perceptions and reactions to H7N9 in Mainland China. Journal of Infection 67 (5): 458- 462