Warwick Statistics is one of the world's largest concentrations of researchers in statistics and probability, and the synergy between probabilistic and statistical research is particularly strong. The research environment is vibrant, with a large and active community of PhD students and postdoctoral researchers, excellent library, computing and other research support facilities, and sustained programmes of research seminars, workshops and international visitors. There are strong research links with other disciplines both at Warwick and externally.
- Warwick Statistics and Warwick Mathematics Institute together rank third nationally among Mathematical Sciences research groups, in the most recent UK government research assessment (REF 2014)
- More than 90% of Warwick's research work assessed as either internationally excellent or world leading (the highest grades, 3* and 4*, in REF 2014).
- The research environment at Warwick is rated by REF 2014 as the very best in the UK for mathematical sciences (achieving the maximum possible score of 100% at 4*
Recent projects and publications
- Statistics department publications
- Funded projects: Statistical research funded by research councils and other external funding agencies
- CRiSM Working paper series: Pre-publication versions of research reports associated with the CRiSM's staff, research students and visitors
- Pre-prints in Probability
- Pre-prints in Stochastic Finance
- See also individual home pages
- Warwick Statistics Research Spotlights brochure (big file!)
a focus for inter-departmental probability research at Warwick and for the organisation of externally open research workshops and training events in probability.
draws together a variety of finance-related research and associated activities at Warwick.
Other departments' research initiatives with connections to statistics
There are many possibilities for research towards a PhD at Warwick Statistics.