Submissions are now closed.
All successful applicants will be notified of their acceptance by Friday, 30th April 2021
Guidelines for Submissions
What to Submit?
We welcome submissions of:
- Empirical, conceptual/theoretical nature,
- Findings from dissertations/PhD theses at different stages,
- Research findings which you may have generated for your dissertation (whether completed or in progress),
- Critical work such as small project findings which you may have produced for the assessment of one of your modules. However, make sure that the work you wish to present shows an empirical contribution on your part.
Submissions must be within our core Conference tracks:
- Discourse Analysis
- English and other language(s) teaching
- Intercultural Communication
This year’s special topic is “Crossing Boundaries” and we especially encourage submissions that address the above themes in innovative ways – crossing the boundaries of disciplines, research methods, and analytical frameworks.
Who Should Submit?
- Postgraduate students who are still studying or have recently graduated (in 2020 or 2021).
- Undergraduate students.
You may apply to present either individually or as a group.
Advice on Abstracts
Make sure that your abstract is:
- No longer than 2,100 characters (250 words) in length,
- The introduction has a clear background and rationale,
- The research objectives are related to the topic of the abstract, are well defined, reachable, and address the research purpose,
- The methodology is clearly detailed, even if at this stage it is just a proposed methodology,
- The results/expected results are well presented and understandable for the audience and are related to the methodology and rationale of the study
- The conclusion is consistent with the introduction and rationale of the abstract.
All abstracts will be double-blind reviewed and are subject to final approval by the conference committee.
Authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to present their paper at the WICAL 2021 online. They will be notified of their acceptance by 30th April 2021.
Each presentation should not exceed 30 minutes (20 minutes presentation followed by a 10-minutes Q&A session). You can apply to present either individually or as a group.
Authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to have their abstract published in the Conference’s digital booklet. We will not be publishing full papers.
Online Submission Form
This form is closed and is no longer accepting any submissions.
Thank you for your time.
Research Paper Clinics
Receive feedback on your work from a distinguished academic in your field. Find out more here.
If you have any inquiries, please contact: wical2019 at warwick dot ac dot uk