Submissions are now closed.
All successful applicants will be notified of their acceptance by Tuesday, 10th May 2022
Guidelines for Submissions
What to Submit?
We welcome submissions of:
- Empirical, conceptual/theoretical nature,
- Findings from dissertations/PhD theses at different stages,
- Research findings that you may have generated for your dissertation (whether completed or in progress),
- Critical work such as small project findings which you may have produced for the assessment of one of your modules. However, make sure that the work you wish to present shows an empirical contribution on your part.
Submissions must be within our core Conference tracks:
- Discourse Analysis
- Language Teaching and Learning
- Intercultural Communication
This year's special theme is "Transcending Dialogues". We aim to provide a dialogic space for all participants and invite you to discuss the ways to transcend dialogues in various disciplines.
Who Should Submit?
- Postgraduate students who are still studying or have recently graduated (in 2021 or 2022).
- Undergraduate students.
You may apply to present either individually or as a group.
Advice on Abstracts
Abstracts should be no more than 2,100 characters (250 words) in length.
Make sure that your abstract includes:
- An introduction has a clear background and rationale,
- Well defined, reachable research objectives which are related to the topic of the abstract, and address the research purpose,
- A clearly detailed methodology, even if at this stage it is just a proposed methodology,
- Results/expected results which are well presented, understandable for the audience, and are related to the methodology and rationale of the study,
- A conclusion consistent with the introduction and rationale of the abstract.
All abstracts will be double-blind reviewed and are subject to final approval by the conference committee.
Notification of Acceptance
Authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to present their paper at the WICAL 2022 online. They will be notified of their acceptance by 10th May 2022.
Each presentation should not exceed 30 minutes (20-minute presentation followed by a 10-minute Q&A session). You can apply to present either individually or as a group.
Authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to have their abstract published in the Conference’s digital booklet. We will not be publishing full papers.
If you have any inquiries, please contact email@example.com
Online Submission Form
This form is closed and is no longer accepting any submissions.
Thank you for your time.
If you have any inquiries, please contact: