If you are interested in doing a PhD in the broad areas of English Language Teaching, Intercultural Communication or Discourse Studies and are keen to work with internationally well-known researchers, the Department of Applied Linguistics could be your home. We have extensive experience and specialist expertise in supporting doctoral researchers and we seek to engage them actively in our research community.
If you wish to communicate with a potential supervisor prior to making a formal application, you should only contact the individual whose research interests you see as most aligned with your research proposal.
- Research degrees in English Language Teaching, Applied Linguistics, Intercultural Communication, Discourse Studies
- Supervision by internationally renowned scholars in the field
- A diverse and vibrant research community
- Interdisciplinary research with a strong applied focus
Research degrees may be in any one of the following areas
- PhD in Applied Linguistics
- PhD in English Language Teaching
- PhD in English Language Teaching & Applied Linguistics
- PhD in Discourse Studies
- PhD in Intercultural Communication
- PhD in Linguistics