What is global Public Relations? How are various PR disciplines (e.g., media and social media relations, internal and crisis communications) implemented across countries? How can PR specialists address diversifying target groups? These are some of the questions you and your peers will be enabled to explore in this module. Moreover, you will use these insights to develop and pitch your own strategic global communication concept as part of a competition. By the end of this module, you will have gained excellent (group) presentation skills and a strategic mindset to employ PR tools in a global context.
Upon successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the main theoretical approaches of global Public Relations.
- Understand key challenges relating to the different Public Relations disciplines in a global context.
- Be familiar with and develop fundamental Public Relations skills including strategic conceptualization, effective presentation and writing skills with a particular focus on the global Public Relations context.
- Design and present a small scale global Public Relations concept.
Core content will be presented during weekly 2-hour lectures.
We will meet in a weekly 1-hour small-group seminar to practice and apply course concepts.
2000-word assignment (50%)
1000-word group project (50%)
- Edwards, L. (2018). Understanding public relations: Theory, culture and society. London: Sage.