- Institute of Advanced Islamic Studies [Malaysia]
Principal Research Fellow on issues pertaining to his subject areas.
- The Young Foundation [UK]
Fellow on issues pertaining to his subject areas.
- Maslaha (an initiative of the Young Foundation) [UK]
Advisor on issues pertaining to Muslim youth in the United Kingdom
- Demos [UK]
Demos Associate, examining political philosophy, counter-terrorism and Muslim communities. Long-term consultant on fully-funded acclaimed Demos projects ‘Community Engagement and Counter-terrorism’ and ‘Counter-radicalisation & Muslim communities’.
- Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO), Research Analysts (RA) [UK]
ESRC Placement Fellow as a non-governmental independent academic at FCO RA to research Muslim communities in Europe, state legal accommodations and notions & institutions of religious authority.
- The Brookings Institution, Saban Centre for Middle East Policy [USA]
Ford Foundation Fellow; fully-funded to examine Muslim European communities and government policies towards them.
- Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies (OCIS), a Recognised Independent Centre of the University of Oxford
Member at OCIS. Researching legal accommodation of Muslim communities in Europe through Church-State measures
- American University in Cairo, Department of Law [Egypt]
Visiting Professor; designed and taught course: ‘Muslims in Europe and Legal Imperatives’.
- Institute of Strategic and International Studies (ISIS) [Malaysia]
Visiting Fellow to research Muslim minority communities in southeast Asia, in terms of religious institutions, state-community arrangements and counter-radicalisation efforts