Live session content submission deadline: 5.00 pm Thursday 10th December
Please email any presentations or supplementary resources for the live sessions to A dot Ball dot 1 at warwick dot ac dot uk by 5.00 pm on Thursday 10th December 2020.
The live sessions will be delivered via Blackboard Collaborate which is an online virtual classroom/meeting space which allows users to connect via audio, see each other via webcams, use a chat tool and view presentations. With the exception of the first keynote session (which has a room capacity of 500 participants) all other sessions will take place in rooms with a capacity of 250 participants. Each external presenter's session will have a CTE member of staff present who will act as a moderator to provide support for the presenter during their session.
We recommend using the latest version of Firefox or Google Chrome as your browser as Safari (Mac only) does not support application and desktop sharing. Please note we do not recommend using Internet Explorer as your browser when using Blackboard Collaborate as this will cause audio issues.
To get the most out of your online experience we recommend using a headset (rather than a desktop microphone) as this reduces interference and feedback.
You do not have to have a webcam to gain the full benefit of using Blackboard Collaborate, this is an optional extra. However if you are presenting, it can sometimes personalise the experience more if you do use a webcam.
Abi Ball will be available at the following times if you would like a brief introduction to Blackboard Collaborate:
- Tuesday 8th December 10.00 am
- Wednesday 9th December 11.00 am
- Thursday 10th December 12.00 am or 3.00 pm
- Friday 11th December 10.00 am
If you would like to attend one of these sessions please email Abi on A dot Ball dot 1 at warwick dot ac dot uk to book your place.
Blackboard Collaborate will accept PowerPoint (ppt or pptx) files and PDF documents. You do not have to include these (you can just talk) but if you do, then please bear in mind the following:
- Remove any animations or transitions from your presentation as these will not work in Blackboard Collaborate.
- Do not clutter your slides as the layout can sometimes change slightly when the presentation is uploaded into Blackboard Collaborate.
- Remove any unnecessary images as these will increase the file size and may impact bandwidth.
- Links to websites or videos will not work in files that have been uploaded to Blackboard Collaborate. You will either need to add the links to the chat pane and give participants time to watch/read the link during your session or you will need to share your screen to show the content.
Further comprehensive support material on using Blackboard Collaborate is available here:
Pre-recorded session content submission deadline: 5.00 pm Wednesday 9th December
Please email any recorded content (links or files) and supplementary resources for the pre-recorded sessions to A dot Ball dot 1 at warwick dot ac dot uk by 5.00 pm on Wednesday 9th December 2020. This deadline is deliberately earlier than the live session deadline in case there are any issues with video files.
Pre-recorded sessions can take the form of a narrated PowerPoint presentation; a narrated screencast or a talking head video. Whichever form you choose, please save your files in .mp4 format (as this is the most accessible format). If the files are small enough you can send them directly to the email address above. Otherwise you will need to save them to a platform that enables sharing (e.g. SharePoint or Google) and then share the link with the above email address. Please also include any supplementary resources that you would like to make available with your recording.
We are not endorsing or recommending any particular software to create your pre-recorded content, but you might want to consider using one of the following:
- Blackboard Collaborate (if you work in CTE)
- Echo360 (if you work at the University of Warwick)
Any .mp4 files that we receive will be uploaded into Echo360 to generate a transcript and this copy will be made available to delegates. If you are sharing links to videos created in something like Animoto, you will need to provide a summary of your video for delegates with accessibility issues.