Economics Photography Competition ResultsThursday 27 Oct 2016
The Department of Economics recently gave all current Economics students the opportunity to showcase both their photography skills and passions for Economics in their Photography Competition.
Students were asked to submit photos that reflected what Economics means to them and be in with a chance of winning a book voucher and/or have their work displayed around the Department. A grand total of 53 photos were submitted, giving the judges quite the challenge in reaching a final decision.
Each entry was judged on both photo quality and the reasons behind how the photo reflected the meaning of Economics to them personally. Details of the competition winners are as follows;
Top 3 Prize Winners
- 1st Place: Samantha Witte (MRes/PhD Student)
- 2nd Place: Wentao Fu (PhD Student)
- 3rd Place: Wiktor Woszczek (1st Year Undergraduate Student)
- Harini Weerasekera (1st Year MSc Student)
- Martin Li (3rd Year Undergraduate Student)
- Heddie Moreno Benattia (1st Year Undergraduate Student)
- Faris Alhussaini (1st Year MSc Student)
- Johannes Hwang (1st Year MSc Student)
- Aman Bhardwaj (2nd Year MSc Student)
- Farhan Ali (2nd Year Undergraduate Student)
Please view our Flickr album to see the competition winner's entries;