Celebrating Inspirational Women
Celebrating Inspirational WomenMonday 8 Mar 2021
Today, on the International Women’s Day (IWD) we are putting a spotlight on inspirational women whose lives and achievements we admire and celebrate.
The IWD marks a call to action for accelerating gender equality, and this year it focuses on the theme #ChooseToChallenge which challenges us to collaborate on creating a more equal and inclusive world.
Gallery of Inspirational Women 2021
We have asked students, staff and friends of the Department of Economics, to nominate women who have inspired us in our personal, academic and professional lives. From the nominations received we have created a gallery of inspirational women 2021 which we encourage everyone to view. The gallery features over 40 women who represent different nationalities and different professions. Some are well known personalities and you will recognise them instantly; others may be less known.
Do you recognise some of them?
Coffee with Economists – 4-5pm UK Time
In celebration of the IWD we have organised an event for 16-18 year olds interested in finding out more about the subject of economics and to meet real life economists.
Find out more and register by 2pm on 8 March 2021.
Meet the Women Economists:
- Professor Wiji Arulampalam, Professor of Economics
- Dr Lory Barile, Associate Professor of Economics (Chair)
- Gabby Palmer, Head of International Cash Equity Sales at J.P Morgan
- Urvashi Parashar, Deputy Director at Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
- Lynda Whitney, Partner at Aon and our alumna (BSc Economics, 1997)
- Victoria Tode, BSc Economics student and Vice President of the Warwick Women in Economics Society.