Celebrating Inspirational Women
Celebrating Inspirational WomenTuesday 8 Mar 2022
Today, on the International Women's Day (IWD) we are joining in two global campaigns to highlight the importance of gender equality and to celebrate the achievements of women.
Gender equality today for a sustainable tomorrow
We are responding to the call of the UN to mark this year's International Women's Day 2022Link opens in a new window as a day of celebration and recognition of the contribution of women and girls around the world, whose leadership and participation in sustainability initiatives mitigate the impacts of climate change and create a better future for everyone.
Please take a look below at our IWD 2022 Gallery featuring women nominated by staff and students from the Department of Economics as well as the wider University, to feel truly inspired by their courage, dedication and hard work towards building a more sustainable future.
IWD 2022 #BreakTheBiasLink opens in a new window Campaign
The IWD 2022 also marks a call to action for accelerating gender equality and this year we focus on the theme #BreakTheBiasLink opens in a new window which challenges us to contribute to creating a more equal world, free of bias, stereotypes and discrimination. We are all responsible for our own thoughts and actions and can contribute to breaking the bias.
View the Department of Economics IWD 2022 Gallery now - do you recognise any of them?
IWD 2022 GalleryLink opens in a new window
Coffee with Economists - 5.30-6.30pm
In celebration of the IWD we are hosting today a virtual session for 16-18 year olds interested in finding out more about economics and to meet real life economists.
Find out more and register by 5pm today, 8 March 2022Link opens in a new window.
Meet the Women - Economists:
- Dr Lory Barile, Associate Professor of Economics (Chair)
- Dr Maureen Paul (PhD Economics from Warwick 2004) - Interim Chief Economic Advisor at Ofgem
- Dr Michela Redoano, Associate Professor in Economics, CAGE and CES-Ifo Associate
- Dr Eleni Angelopoulou - Deputy Director General DG Specialised Institutions and LSI Oversight at the European Central Bank
- Sania Faizi (BSc Economics, Politics and International Studies from Warwick), Economist for the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra)
- Anesha Seennapen - Year 3 student, (BSc Economics)
- Isabelle Tomova - Year 2 student (BA International Management)
- Nur Batrisya Fathima - Year 3 student (BSc Economics)