We offer tailored job market support for our PhD students
This includes a regular series of seminar workshops where students have the opportunity to present their job market paper and to receive feedback from our placement team, members of faculty and other PhD students.
Administrative support is available to support the job application process and a financial package is provided to enable our job market candidates to travel to job market meetings and interviews. Placement of our students in the best economics department around the world is a priority for us at Warwick.
The first job market candidates from our new style MRes/PhD entered the job market in 2018/19. Graduates from our MRes/PhD and our former PhD programme have achieved the following positions:
- Assistant Professor, Bocconi University
- Assistant Professor, Tilburg University
- Assistant Professor Stockholm University
- Lecturer, University of Bristol
- Assistant Professor, European University Institute (Florence)
- Assistant Professor, University of Pittsburgh.
- The Federal Reserve System, United States.
- Economist, European Commission.
- Lecturer (Assistant Professor), University of York.
- Lecturer (Assistant Professor), University of Bristol.
- Assistant Professor in Economics at the Graduate Institute in Geneva (IHEID).
- Assistant Professor, University of Sussex.
- Assistant Professor, University of Queensland.
- Assistant Professor, CERG-EI Research Institution in Prague.
- Assistant Professor, University of Manchester.
- Post doc, University of Oxford.
- Assistant Professor, Simon Business School, University of Rochester.
- Assistant Professor, University of Torronto.
- Economist, Bank of England.