- "Power indices", Encyclopedia of Law and Economics, Springer, Editors: Alain Marciano, Giovanni Battista Ramello, ISBN: 978-1-4614-7883-6 (Online).
- "Transparency and democracy in the governance of the International Monetary Fund and reforms in progress: a voting power analysis", forthcoming in Elena Sciso (Ed.),Transparency and democracy in the Bretton Woods Institutions, Springer.
- "Would the UK gain or lose power if it leaves the EU? Voting power analysis suggests big losses", LSE Brexit Vote blog entry, June 2016, http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2016/06/17/would-the-uk-gain-or-lose-power-if-it-leaves-the-eu-voting-power-analysis-suggests-big-losses/
- "A New Analysis of A Priori Voting Power in the IMF: Recent Quota Reforms Give Little Cause for Celebration" (with Robert Leech), Warwick Economic Research Papers, no.1001, 2012; forthcoming in Power, voting and voting power: 30 years after, edited by Manfred J Holler and Hannu Nurmi, Springer.
- Fiscal Stimulus Improves Solvency in a Depressed Economy, Royal Economic Society Newsletter, April 2012.
- “Computer algorithms for power indices”, pp 129-33 in Keith Dowding, ed., Encyclopedia of Power.London, SAGE Publications, 2011.
- “Shareholder voting power”, pp 606-7 in Keith Dowding, ed., Encyclopedia of Power. London, SAGE Publications, 2011.
- “Power indices in large voting bodies”, Public Choice online, August 2011, DOI: 10.1007/s11127-011-9840-9.
- “Testing for spatial heterogeneity in functional MRI using the multivariate general linear model” (with Robert Leech), IEEE Transactions in Medical Imaging, 30:1293-1302.
- “The Double Majority Voting Rule of the EU Reform Treaty as a Democratic Ideal for an Enlarging Union: an Appraisal Using Voting Power Analysis” in Cichocki, Marek, and Życzkowski Karol. eds. Institutional Design and Voting Power
in the European Union, Ashgate, 2010 (with Haris Aziz).
- “A Behavioral Power Index”, Public Choice, Volume 141, Numbers 1-2 / October, 2009, pp17-29. (with Serguei Kaniovski)
- "Reforming IMF and World Bank governance : in search of simplicity, transparency and democratic legitimacy in the voting rules", Warwick Economic Research Papers, no. 914, 2009 (with Robert Leech). Paper presented at the universities of Augsbourg, June 2009, and Moscow, September 2009.
- “Prioritising patients for renal transplantation? Analysis of patient preferences for kidney allocation according to ethnicity and gender”, Diversity in Health and Care, 6 (3), September 2009 , 181-191(11) (with Michael D Clark, Anil K Gumber, Domenico Moro, Ala K. Szczepura, Nicholas West, Robert Higgins)
- “Combinatorial and computational aspects of multiple weighted voting games”, Warwick Economic Research Papers no 823 2007 (with Haris Aziz and Mike Paterson).
- “Efficient Algorithm for Designing Weighted Voting Games”, Multitopic Conference, 2007. INMIC 2007. IEEE International , vol., no., pp.1-6, 28-30 Dec. 2007
(with H. Aziz, Mike Paterson)
- “Voting Power and Voting Blocs”, Public Choice, 127, 3-4, May 2006, pp. 285-303 (with Robert Leech).
- “Voting Power in the Bretton Woods Institutions”, in Alberto Paloni and Maurizio Zanardi (eds.), The IMF, World Bank and Policy Reform, Routledge, January 2006, ch. 1, pp 29-48 (with Robert Leech).
- “Voting Power in the Bretton Woods Institutions”, Homo Oeconomicus, 22(4): 1-23 (2005) (with Robert Leech)
- “Duverger’s Law, Penrose’s Power Index and the Unity of the United Kingdom”, Political Studies, vol. 53(3), pp. 457-476, October 2005. (with Iain McLean and Alistair McMillan).
- “Power versus Weight in IMF Governance: the Possible Beneficial Implications of a United European Bloc Vote”, chapter 11, pp 251-281, in Ariel Buira (ed.), Reforming the Governance of the IMF and the World Bank, Anthem Press, September 2005 (with Robert Leech).
- “Voting Power Implications of a Unified European Representation at the IMF”, Warwick Economic Research Papers, Number 720. 2005 (with Robert Leech)
- "The Utility of the Voting Power Approach", European Union Politics, 4:4, pp 234-242, December, 2003.
- "Computing Power Indices for Large Voting Games", Management Science, vol. 49, Issue 6, 831-838, June 2003.
- "Corporate Governance and Game Theoretic Analyses of Shareholder Power: the Case of Spain", Applied Economics, vol.35, number 7, May 2003, 847-58. (with Miquel Manjon)
- "Is Comprehensive Education Really Free? A Case Study of the Effects of Secondary School Admissions Policies on House Prices in One Local Area" Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series A (Statistics in Society), 166, 2003, Part 1, 135-154. (with Erick Campos) [This was the first study of the effect of school popularity on house prices in the UK. This study has had considerable impact on policy, the findings being frequently quoted by politicians and journalists. It received much publicity, having been featured in The Economist ("What price a good school?", April 14, 2001), The Guardian ("House prices up to 20% higher in areas with good state schools, study shows", April 03 2001), The Times ("Pay up for the place you want", April 5th, 2001; "School bell tolls for buyers", June 16th, 2001) and many others; also in an Independent leader, 17th December 2001.]
- "Corporate Governance and Game Theoretic Analyses of Shareholder Power: the Case of Spain", Applied Economics, 35(7), 2002, 847-58 (with Miquel Manjon).
- “ShareholderVoting Power and Ownership Control of Companies”, Homo Oeconomicus, XIX(3), 2002,345-373.
- "Designing the Voting System for the EU Council of Ministers”, Public Choice, vol. 113(3-4), December 2002, 437-464.
- “Voting Power in the Governance of the International Monetary Fund”, Annals of Operations Research, Special Issue on Game Practice, vol.109, 2002, 373-395.
- “Corporate Governance in Spain (with an Application of the Power Indices Approach)", European Journal of Law and Economics, 13, 2002, pp157-173 (with Miquel Manjon).
- "An Empirical Comparison of the Performance of Classical Power Indices”, Political Studies, vol. 50, no.1, March 2002, pp.1-22.
- "Power Indices as an Aid to Institutional Design: the Generalised Apportionment Problem", Warwick Economic Research Papers, Number 648, August 2002
- "The Use of Coleman's Power Indices to Inform the Choice of Voting Rule with Reference to the IMF Governing Body and the EU Council of Ministers", Warwick Economic Research Papers, Number 645, July 2002.
- "Computation of Power Indices", Warwick Economic Research Papers, Number 644, July 2002.
- "Incentives to Corporate Governance Activism", Warwick Economic Research Papers, Number 632, March 2002.
- “Shareholder Voting Power and Corporate Governance: A Study of Large British Companies”, Nordic Journal of Political Economy, vol. 27, no. 1, 2001, pp.33-54.
- "Fair Reweighting of the Votes in the EU Council of Ministers and the Choice of Majority Requirement for QMV During Successive Enlargements", Warwick Economic Research Papers, Number 587, April, 2001. Also CSGR Working Papernumber 75/01, Centre for the Study of Globalisation and Regionalisation, Warwick University. Also VPP Report number 03/01, Voting Power and Procedures Programme, CPNSS, London School of Economics. Published as "Designing the voting System for the Council of the European Union", Public Choice, 2002.
- "Members' Voting Power in the Governance ofthe International Monetary Fund", Warwick Economic Research Papers, Number 583, December 2000. Also CSGR Working Paper number 68/01, Centre for the Study of Globalisation and Regionalisation, Warwick University. Published in Annals of Operations Research .
- "The Effect of Shareholding Dispersion on the Degree of Control in British Companies: Theory and Measurement," (with John Cubbin), reprinted (see below) in K. Keasey, S. Thompson and M. Wright (eds), Corporate Governance, Edward Elgar: Critical Writings in Economics vol 2 (of 4) May 1999, pp.61-80.
- "Power Relations in the International Monetary Fund: a Study of the Political Economy of A Priori Voting Power using the Theory of Simple Games," Centre for the Study of Globalisationand Regionalisation, University of Warwick, Discussion Paper, 06/98, May 1998. Abstract. Full Text. Published on the World Wide Web in the following SSRN electronic journal: International Finance(WPS) Vol.4 No.20 July 29, 1999, at http://papers.ssrn.com/paper.t0, also Samsung Economic Research Institute, Seoul (translated into Korean) at http://seriecon.seri21.org. Revised March 2000 presented to the International Studies Association Meetings, Los Angeles, March 2000; also the Royal Economic Society Conference, Warwick, March 1998; also the conference Non-State Actors and Authority in the Global System (preliminary), University of Warwick, October/November, 1997.
- "Top Pay, Company Performance and Corporate Governance", (with Martin Conyon), Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, vol 56, no. 3, August 1994, 229-247 .
- "Empirical Analysis of the Distribution of a priori Voting Power: Some Results for the British Labour Party Conference and Electoral College using Power Indices for Simple Games," European Journal of Political Research, vol. 21, no. 3 (March-April) 1992, 245-265.
- "Ownership Structure, Control Type Classifications and the Performance of Large British Companies", (with J. Leahy), Economic Journal, vol. 101, No. 6 (November) 1991.
- "Power Indices and Probabilistic Voting Assumptions," Public Choice, vol. 66, (1990), 293-299.
- "The Relationship between Shareholding Concentration and Shareholder Voting Power in British Companies: a Study of the Application of Power Indices for Simple Games," Management Science, Vol.34, No.4, April 1988, 509-527.
- "Ownership Concentration and Controi n Large U.S. Corporations in the 1930s: an Analysis of the T.N.E.C. Sample," Journal of Industrial Economics, Vol. XXXV, No. 3, March 1987, 333-342.
- "Ownership Concentration and the Theory of the Firm: a Simple-Game-Theoretic Approach," Journal of Industrial Economics, Vol. XXXV, No. 3, March 1987, 225-240.
- "Corporate Ownership and Control: a New Look at the Evidence of Berle and Means," Oxford Economic Papers, Vol. 39, September 1987, 534-551.
- "Growth versus Profit Maximisation: a Simultaneous Equations Approach to Testing the Marris Model", (with JohnCubbin), Managerial and Decision Economics, Vol. 7, June 1986, 123-31.
- "The Effect of Shareholding Dispersion on the Degree of Control in British Companies: Theory and Measurement", (with John Cubbin), Economic Journal, Vol. 93, June 1983, 351-369.
- "Generalised Regression Estimation from Grouped Observations: a Generalisation and an Application to the Explanation of Mortality Rates", (with Keith Cowling), Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series A (General), Vol. 145, Part 2, 1982, 208-223.
- "Relative Earnings in UK Manufacturing - a Reconsideration of the Evidence", (with Stuart Wabe), Economic Journal, Vol. 88, June 1978, 296-313.
- "Import Penetration in the UK Passenger Car Market: a Cross Section Study", (with John Cubbin), Applied Economics, Vol.10, 1978, 289-303.
- "Testing the Error Specification in Nonlinear Regression," Econometrica, Vol. 43, No. 4, July 1975, 719-725.
- "A Forecast of Milk Supply in England and Wales", (with David Colman), Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol. XXI, No. 2, June 1970, 253-265.