“Persecution, pogroms, and genocide: A conceptual framework and new evidence” (joint with Sascha O. Becker and Sharun Mukand), Explorations in Economic History, forthcoming.
“The impact of the war in Ukraine on economic uncertainty” (joint with Lena Anayi, Nick Bloom, Philip Bunn, Paul Mizen, and Greg Thwaites), VoxEU.org, 16 April 2022.
“Two years on, how has the pandemic affected businesses in the UK?” (joint with Lena Anayi, Nick Bloom, Philip Bunn, Paul Mizen, and Greg Thwaites), Economics Observatory, 31 March 2022.
- “What matters to firms? New insights from survey text comments” (joint with Nick Bloom, Philip Bunn, Paul Mizen, Pawel Smietanka, and Greg Thwaites), Bank Underground, 20 April 2021.
- “From #Hashtags to Legislation : Engagement and Support for Economic Reforms in the Gulf Cooperation Council Countries” (joint with Rabah Arezki, Oussama Belmejdoub, Bilal Diab, Samira Kalla, Ha Nguyen, and Abdulla Saif), World Bank Working Paper, June 2022.
- “The Political Costs of Oil Price Shocks” (joint with Rabah Arezki, Simeon Djankov, and Ha Nguyen), CESifo Working Paper, May 2022.
- “Reversal of Fortune for Political Incumbents after Oil Shocks” (joint with Rabah Arezki, Simeon Djankov, and Ha Nguyen), CAGE Working Paper, June 2021.
- “Reform Chatter and Democracy” (joint with Rabah Arezki, Simeon Djankov, and Ha Nguyen), World Bank Policy Research Working Paper 9319, July 2020.
Work in Progress
- "Rescuing the Hopeless" (joint with Sascha O. Becker and Sharun Mukand)
- "Skill Traps and Regional Divergence" (joint with Raghav Malhotra)
- "Electoral Surprises and Business Cycles"
Applied Young Economist Webinar
The Applied Young Economist Webinar (AYEW) Link opens in a new windowis a webinar series organised jointly by the University of Warwick and Monash University. It aims to give young researches (PhD candidates and post-doctoral fellows) with a virtual platform to interact with peers, discuss research, receive constructive feedback, and expand academic networks. Since it was established in April 2020, it has hosted over 100 webinars, with presenters and participants from around the world.
Sign up to our mailing list here
Follow us on Twitter: @ayew2021Link opens in a new window