- Labor Economics, with a focus on Personnel Economics, Gender Economics, and Economics of Education. I am also interested in the determinants of voting behaviour.
- What You Don't Know... Can't Hurt You? A Natural Field Experiment on Relative Performance Feedback in Higher Education (joint with Ghazala Azmat, Antonio Cabrales and Nagore Iriberri), Management Science, forthcoming.
- A Walk on the Wild Side: 'Predatory' Journals and Information Asymmetries in Scientific Evaluations (joint with Mauro Sylos-Labini and Natalia Zinovyeva), Research Policy, 2019, 48(2), 462-477 (special issue on "Academic misconduct").
- Does the Gender Composition of Scientific Committees Matter? (joint with Mauro Sylos Labini and Natalia Zinovyeva), American Economic Review, 2017, Vol. 107(4), pp. 1207-1238
- Politicians’ Luck of the Draw: Evidence from the Spanish Christmas Lottery (joint with Berta Esteve-Volart), Journal of Political Economy, 2016, Vol. 124(5), pp. 1269-1294
- The Role of Connections in Academic Promotions (joint with Natalia Zinovyeva), American Economic Journals: Applied Economics, 2015, Vol. 7(2), pp. 264-292
- Why Do I Like People Like Me? (joint with María José Pérez Villadóniga), Journal of Economic Theory, 2013, Vol. 148(3), pp. 1292-1299
- Are Women Pawns in the Political Game? Evidence from Elections to the Spanish Senate (joint with Berta Esteve-Volart), Journal of Public Economics, 2012, Vol. 96(3), pp. 387-399
- Do Recruiters Prefer Applicants with Similar Skills? Evidence from a Randomized Natural Experiment (joint with María José Pérez Villadóniga), Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 2012, Vol. 82(1), pp. 12-20
- Can Gender Parity Break the Glass Ceiling? Evidence from a Repeated Randomized Experiment (joint with Berta Esteve-Volart), Review of Economic Studies, 2010, Vol. 77(4), pp. 1301-1328
- Do On-Line Labor Market Intermediaries Matter? The impact of AlmaLaurea on University-to-Work transition (joint with Mauro Sylos Labini), David H. Autor (ed), NBER volume Studies of Labor Market Intermediation, 2009, pp. 127-154. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.