Online Communications Officer
Responsible toProfessional Services Team Organogram
Phone: +44 (0)24 765 72872
Email: M dot Meharban at warwick dot ac dot uk
Working hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm; and Wednesday, 8:00-4:00pm
To design and deliver a range of online communications as part of the Department’s wider marketing strategy to support recruitment, student experience, teaching, research and alumni engagement.
- Overseeing the content of the Department’s website to ensure that it remains up to date, consistent and on brand and search engine optimised for high search engine rankings.
- Working closely with internal teams within and relevant marketing and recruitment teams across the University to maximise our opportunities for developing the website to meet the needs of various target audiences alongside the University website
- Managing and keeping up-to-date the Department’s social media channels to deliver interesting, relevant and interactive content to encourage engagement.
- Using analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Hotjar to track web traffic to improve content and enhance the user experience on the website.
- Providing professional advice and guidance to staff in the Department and organising training on matters relating to the web, accessibility, social media and digital media activities.
I have worked in a number of industries, from finance and telecommunications to FMCG for over 12 years before arriving at the Department of Economics. Before this, I had worked in a number of marketing roles, which have been either standalone or part of a Marketing team undertaking a variety of marketing activities ranging from brand management, e-commerce, campaign planning, analytics and reporting, budget management and implementing a variety of digital marketing activities. Aside from work, I enjoy carpentry and DIY, reading good books on a variety of topics from history to current affairs and keeping fit.