How we use your personal data - applicant/particpant
The University of Warwick collects and uses the personal data provided on application forms for outreach projects and events to process your application for selection purposes. If unsuccessful in your application, the University of Warwick would still like to contact you in the future with information about similar events. If successful in your application, the University of Warwick will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Informative purposes: which allows us to keep you up to date with relevant information about the programme/event and any future events that we think may be of interest to you.
- Monitoring purposes: which allows us to fulfil our compulsory external reporting requirements to regulatory bodies as well as giving us a better understanding of our activities and events.
- Evaluation purposes: which allows us to assess the effectiveness of our activities and events on participant’s future engagement with Higher Education. This includes matching the data provided for outreach projects with future application and enrolment data so that we can track if you go on to study at the UoW or another Higher Education institution. This will also enable us to connect with and support you during your time as a student at the University of Warwick.
The University of Warwick may share your personal data provided on this form with the below third party organisations to fulfil the purposes listed above:
• Higher Education Access Tracker (HEAT) - for monitoring and evaluation purposes
• The Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) – for monitoring and evaluation purposes
• The Department for Education (DfE) - for monitoring and evaluation purposes
• Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) – for monitoring and evaluation purposes
All data will be held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act. For further information regarding how your information is held, your rights to access information we hold about you, how to update us on any changes to your details or to withdraw your consent for your data to be used for the purposes outlined above then please contact b dot kirk at warwick dot ac dot uk
How we use your personal data – parent/guardian
The UoW collects and uses your personal data provided on this form for the purposes of communicating with you regarding this applicant’s participation on events and for the purpose(s) of communicating with you as the emergency contact. Your personal data will not be shared or disclosed to any third parties external to the University of Warwick. Your data will be held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act and kept for the duration of the programme.