Coventry Schools War, Peace and Reconciliation Conference
Tuesday 19 March
The United Nations Association Coventry Branch invites sixth formers to its War, Peace and Reconciliation conference 10am-3pm on Tuesday 19 March at University of Warwick.
In a series of workshops they will explore how the United Nations is involved in War, Peace and Reconciliation. Does the UN succeed or fail to prevent wars and restore peace? What does it do about reconciliation after conflict? Why are these questions important in the lives of young people?
The conference will be delivered by students from Coventry and Warwick Universities who have been trained as United Nations Association Ambassadors.
Students are responsible for making their own way onto campus, however, staff are welcome to attend as well if you would like to bring a group of students.
The event is free of charge.
Who can apply?
This event is likely to be oversubscribed so priority will be given to students who are in Year 12 at a non-selective state school/college and meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Come from a home where neither parent attended university
- Eligible for free school meals
- Attend a school with below average exam performance*
- Attend a school with above the national average entitlement to Free School Meals*
- Live in a low participation neighbourhood as defined by home postcode^
- Live or have lived in local authority care
^ Check your home postcode