Last year the Law School ran a pilot of our hugely successful School Tasking outreach project. We are now looking for volunteers to join our 2022/23 project team.
You will help to design and develop materials for this year’s project and deliver School Tasking workshops in local Widening Participation primary schools. More information about the project can be found here.
This role will begin on 10 October 2022 and end by 26 May 2023.
- You must be either a current LLB or LLM student at Warwick Law School.
- or, a PGT or PGR student at Warwick Law School
What will being a School Tasking Team member involve?
- Work as a team to update existing School Tasking materials and plan in-school School Tasking sessions with local WP primary schools.
- Work with the School Tasking coordinator to arrange School Tasking workshops with participating WP schools.
- Run School Tasking workshops in pairs between January and March 2023.
- Assist at the School Tasking Final on campus at the University of Warwick in May 2023.
The skills and experience needed for this role:
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Strong IT skills, proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail and proven problem-solving capability.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A DBS will be required for this volunteer role. The Law School will cover the costs of the DBS application.
- Time commitment: School Tasking Team members should expect to volunteer up to 4-6 hours per week during term time. Due to the nature of the project, some weeks may be busier than others.
- Travel expenses to and from participating schools will be covered.
How to apply
Students should submit their CV along with a cover letter (no more than 300 words) in one document to SchoolTasking@warwick.ac.uk
The deadline for applications from Undergraduates is Thursday 6 October 2022 by 5pm.
The deadline for applications from Postgraduates is Monday 10 October 2022 by 10am.
Shortlisted UG students will be informed by Friday 7 October and shortlisted PG students will be informed by Monday 10 October.
Interviews for the role will take place on campus during week two (date to be confirmed).
If you have any other questions about this opportunity, please email: SchoolTasking@warwick.ac.uk