The Centre for Human Rights in Practice has developed this list to provide useful resources for organisations, groups and individuals concerned with the human rights and/or equality impact of public spending cuts in the UK.
The following pages contains resources to support organisations, groups and individuals who wish to carry out Equality and/or Human Rights Impact Assessments of the public spending cuts or to use human rights or equality legislation to challenge public spending cuts. It includes examples of impact assessments that have already been carried out, toolkits and guides to carrying out impact assessments and sources of information that might be useful in carrying out impact assessments. It also includes a comprehensive list of legal challenges to public spending cuts on human rights and equality grounds and guides to using human rights and equality legislation to challenge public spending cuts.
- Reports on the impact of public spending cuts and welfare reform on different disadvantaged groups and different nations and regions within the UK
- Key resources and statistical data for monitoring ongoing impact of public spending cuts
- Useful resources for carrying out an Equality and/or Human Rights Impact Assessment
- Legal challenges made against the public spending cuts
- Judicial Review
- Toolkits and guides to using human rights and equality legislation to challenge spending cuts
- Academic papers and articles on impact assessment of the cuts