We are still looking for students for two weeks paid work experience in chambers and marshalling, Monday 29 June to Friday July 2020, through the Middle Temple. Warwick can only select two applicants and the deadline for us to submit the nominations is fast approaching, however, we have extended the internal deadline:
- 1. Interested students should complete the attached application form and email to Becca Kirk (email@example.com)and Valerie Matthews Lane (V.Matthews-Lane@warwick.ac.uk) as soon as possible so that your eligibility can be checked.
- 2. You should then make a careers appointment to see Valerie, by Thursday 23 January and bring a printed copy of your application form with you. Please note that careers appointments are released at 8am a week in advance and book up very quickly at this time of year.
- 3. 3. A decision on the two Warwick candidates will be made on Friday 24 January, all applicants will be informed.
- 4. 4. If successful, please let Becca know who your two university referees are going to be and make sure she has received your references (they can come directly from tutors) and your final application by Tuesday 28 January so that your application can be submitted to the Middle Temple on time.
Please note that the first stage of the selection process is to determine the two Warwick candidates, the second stage of the process is completed by the Middle Temple.Eligibility
Open to students who are:
- In the second, third or fourth year of a qualifying Law degree
- Have little or no family history of higher or professional education
- Completed secondary education in a state school.
- Are not a member of the Honourable Society of Inner Temple, The Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn or the Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn
- Not a recipient of the Inner Temple Pegasus Access and Support Scheme
- Further information and eligibility criteria on the Middle Temple website
The questions on the Equality & Diversity monitoring form are voluntary and will not impact a candidates’ chances of receiving the award. It will not be passed on to the interviewing panels but will be used by the Inn in assessing the scheme.