- "Blended finance, blended methods: examining encounters between ESG and alternative finance", Paper to be presented at the workshop Finance's Pandemic Promises, University of Bologna, 7-8 October (with Ruben Kremers)
- "State-State and State-Market Alliances in the Forging of the ASEAN Economic Community", Virtual IPSA World Congress, 12 July 2021.
- "Domestic Banking Systems and the Contingent Nature of the Structural Power of Finance in Emerging Markets", University of Cambridge (presentation via Zoom), 2 June (with Florence Dafe).
- Juanita Elias, Chusnul Mar’iyah, Lena Rethel, Reni Suwarso, Caryl Thompson and Lisa Tilley (2018) Women and Post-Eviction Resettlement: An Empowerment Toolkit, Coventry: The University of Warwick
- Juanita Elias, Chusnul Mar’iyah, Lena Rethel, Reni Suwarso and Lisa Tilley (2018) The Gendered Everyday Political Economy of Kampung Eviction and Resettlement in Jakarta: Final Project Report, Coventry: The University of Warwick
- Arshad M. Ismail and Lena Rethel (2018) Developing the Corporate Bond and Sukuk Market in Malaysia: Broadening the Credit Profile, Paper prepared for the SC-OCIS Roundtable, Kuala Lumpur: Securities Commission
- Brassett, J., Harrison, J., MacDonald, M, Rethel, L. and Scholte, J. A. (2013) 'Global Rules, Local Rulers': Reflections and Suggestions for the Carnegie UK Trust, Commissioned Report on Global Governance and a Democratic Civil Society
- "Global Insights: COVID-19: Stress Test for the Global Economy", Webinar. Panelists: Ann Fitz-Gerald (Moderator – BSIA), John Ravenhill (University of Waterloo, BSIA), Lena Rethel (University of Warwick), Tewodros Mekonnen (Institute for Strategic Affairs, Ethiopia), Stephen Silvia (American University), 29 May 2020. A brief summary can be found here.
- "Islamic Finance and Financial Inclusion: Who Includes Whom, in What, and on Whose Terms?", DevelopingEconomics, 5 April 2019
- "Are we heading for (yet) another economic crash?", State of Nature - One Question, 15 January 2018