- "State-State and State-Market Alliances in the Forging of the ASEAN Economic Community", IPSA World Congress, Lisbon, July 2021.
"(Global) Governance of Islamic finance and Halal goods: similarities and differences", OCIS Islamic Finance Discussion Group, 4 December 2020.
- “Doing IPE Research During COVID19”, Webinar. Panelists: Juanita Elias (Moderator – Warwick), Sophie Harman (QMUL), Natalya Naqvi (LSE), Keston K. Perry (UWE Bristol), Lena Rethel (Warwick), 30 September 2020.
"Hajj Hacks? Exploring virtue/al economies of Muslim pilgrimage", Workshop Narrating the Hajj, 12-13 December 2019, University of Groningen (presentation via Skype)
- "Governing Globalising Islamic Economies", IBEI Barcelona, 21 October 2019.
- Roundtable on Financialisation, Workshop on The Manifestations, Drivers and Implications of Financialisation in Developing and Emerging Economies (DEEs), University of Cambridge, 13-14 December 2019.
- Juanita Elias, Chusnul Mar’iyah, Lena Rethel, Reni Suwarso, Caryl Thompson and Lisa Tilley (2018) Women and Post-Eviction Resettlement: An Empowerment Toolkit, Coventry: The University of Warwick
- Juanita Elias, Chusnul Mar’iyah, Lena Rethel, Reni Suwarso and Lisa Tilley (2018) The Gendered Everyday Political Economy of Kampung Eviction and Resettlement in Jakarta: Final Project Report, Coventry: The University of Warwick
- Arshad M. Ismail and Lena Rethel (2018) Developing the Corporate Bond and Sukuk Market in Malaysia: Broadening the Credit Profile, Paper prepared for the SC-OCIS Roundtable, Kuala Lumpur: Securities Commission
- Brassett, J., Harrison, J., MacDonald, M, Rethel, L. and Scholte, J. A. (2013) 'Global Rules, Local Rulers': Reflections and Suggestions for the Carnegie UK Trust, Commissioned Report on Global Governance and a Democratic Civil Society
- "Global Insights: COVID-19: Stress Test for the Global Economy", Webinar. Panelists: Ann Fitz-Gerald (Moderator – BSIA), John Ravenhill (University of Waterloo, BSIA), Lena Rethel (University of Warwick), Tewodros Mekonnen (Institute for Strategic Affairs, Ethiopia), Stephen Silvia (American University), 29 May 2020. A brief summary can be found here.
- "Islamic Finance and Financial Inclusion: Who Includes Whom, in What, and on Whose Terms?", DevelopingEconomics, 5 April 2019
- "Are we heading for (yet) another economic crash?", State of Nature - One Question, 15 January 2018