Leverhulme Early Career Fellowships aim to provide career development opportunities for those who are at a relatively early stage of their academic careers, but who have a proven record of research. The expectation is that Fellows should undertake a significant piece of publishable work during their tenure, and that the Fellowships should lead to a more permanent academic position, either within the same or another institution. Approximately 145 Fellowships will be available in 2022. Fellowships can be held at universities or at other institutions of higher education in the UK. Full details of the scheme, funding and eligibility are available on the Leverhulme website.
The closing date for applications to Leverhulme is 24 February 2022 at 4pm, with decisions released in May.
Warwick Philosophy Department invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to support in the latest round of the scheme. Due to intense researcher interest and institutional limits, there will be a two stage selection process in 2022. Initially, up to three applicants will be selected through a competitive selection process within the Department. Successful applications will then be read and ranked by a cross-disciplinary Faculty panel, and final selections made.
The procedure is as follows:
Expressions of interest in the scheme should be sent by email to Clare Simpson at Clare dot Simpson at warwick dot ac dot uk by Tuesday, 4th January 2022 at 12 noon.
All expressions of interest should include the following materials:
A draft project proposal (2 pages maximum)
An academic CV
A forwarded email or a letter confirming support for your application from your chosen mentor in Warwick Philosophy Department (who must be a permanent member of staff).
All submissions received by the deadline which meet these requirements will then be reviewed by the Department’s Research Committee with the Head of Department.
The criteria for selection will be:
- Research track-record of nominee
- Quality of proposed research to be conducted while at Warwick
- Fit with the mentor and the strength of their support
- Fit with broader aims of the Leverhulme competition.
5. Decisions will be reported back to applicants by Friday, 7th January at the latest.
6. Applicants who are successful in reaching the second stage of process will then be informed of the outcome by Friday, 21st January.
7. Successful applicants will receive feedback and administrative support from the Department and University prior to the Leverhulme deadline on 24th February.
Queries about the scheme or process should be sent to Professor Guy Longworth (Head of Department) at g dot h dot longworth at warwick dot ac dot uk
Deadline for Expressions of Interest: 04 Jan 2022 (12 noon)
Stage 1 decisions: by 07 Jan 2022
Stage 2 decisions: by 21 Jan 2022
Leverhulme Deadline: 24 Feb 2022 (4pm)