The Department of Sociology coordinates 4 pathways within the Warwick Doctoral Training Centre (DTC). The Pathway Coordinator for all 4 is Prof Nicholas Gane. You can email him or the Department Research Co-ordinator, Janet Smith, for further information.
- Women and Gender
- Social Policy
- Security, Conflict & Justice (with PaIS and Law)
Two types of scholarships are offered by the DTC:
4 year scholarship
- This assumes that relevant MA level training is missing and it is obligatory for students to take the DTC Core Modules and/ or equivalent modules from the MA Social Research in the department
- This scholarship is open to undergraduate students who have not yet completed their studies, but who expect to graduate in the summer
3 year scholarship
- This assumes the student has already successfully completed an ESRC recognised Masters in research training.
- This scholarship is only open to students who have already completed their undergraduate studies and who already have an ESRC recognised Masters in Social Research or who expect to successfully complete their Masters prior to starting their PhD