With a population of over 330,000, Coventry is a large city with two Universities which makes it a great place to be a student. Ranked as the fifth best student city in the UK (Top Universities, 2017), there's a wide selection of clubs, pubs and restaurants. There are also lots of parks and open spaces, including the beautiful War Memorial Park in Earlsdon and Coombe Country Park on the outskirts of the city. Coventry is set to continue to thrive in the coming years, having recently won the City of Culture 2021 bid.
Most of our students choose to live in either Earlsdon or Canley but Chapelfields and Tile Hill are also popular student areas. All these areas have strong Warwick communities and convenient transport links to the University.
This area has a large student population and a community feel. Earlsdon has its own high street, with a number of shops, pubs, bars, restaurants and takeaways. The area is located between the University Campus and the City Centre, with frequent buses servicing the area.
- 15 - 20-minute bus journey to campus (on average)
- 15 - 20-minute walk to Coventry City Centre
- 10 - 15-minute walk to either Coventry or Canley train stations with good links to Birmingham and London
- "I’ve grown to really like my student house and the area of Earlsdon and feel like I could not have made a better choice." - Emma
- "For me, Earlsdon had everything I needed within a ten-minute walk. The Coop at the end of the high street was where I got the groceries, Boots where I got any meds, there was an organic shop for when I was feeling virtuous and a branch of spoons when I was not." - Fiona
Canley and Cannon Park
This area of Coventry neighbours the University campus so you are likely to be within walking distance. There are still regular bus services to campus, and Cannon Park shopping centre is also on the doorstep.
- Many properties are within walking distance to the University campus
- 15 - 20-minute bus ride to Coventry City Centre
- 15 - 20-minute walk to Canley train station with good links to Birmingham and London
- "Canley/Cannon Park are within walking distance to campus which is great if you want to be nearby and save on bus fares." - Shanita
- "I chose to live in Canley mainly because it’s so close to campus – the walk to central campus is less than half an hour. This saves a lot of time day to day and means you don’t have to pay for the bus on a daily basis which can save you a lot of money." - Beth