Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Methods of payment

Flywire - Direct bank transfers, International credit / debit card payments, Alipay and Union Pay

  • We have further increased the range of online payment options available by extending Flywire, an international money third party transfer system as our preferred method of payment, making competitive exchange rates for bank transfers and international credit and debit cards much easier to access.
  • Flywire is our preferred method for making payments by bank transfer, international credit and debit cards, Alipay and Union Pay, accessed securely from within the Student Records System (e:Vision).
  • Flywire allows easy and secure payments to be made in your own currency, or other currencies such as US dollars, using local payment methods from the safety and convenience of your home. With real-time tracking and 24x7 multilingual support. Millions of students around the world trust Flywire for payment processing.
  • Flywire is accessed via the Student Records System (e:Vision).You must have enrolled with the University and have setup a email account to be able to pay your fees online. Please select the My Student Finance tab where you can view your account online, and then select the Pay Fees Online option to access Flywire to pay your fees.
  • Please follow this link for detailed instructions and specific local guidance on making Flywire payments from China, India and Nigeria. Flywire is specially adapted to dealt with personal identity requirements of making payments from China and India within its online systems.
  • As this has been introduced, we strongly advise all our international students NOT to bring large amounts of UK or foreign currency cash and notes to the UK to pay for Warwick tuition and accommodation, Flywire provides a strong and credible alternative to safely use your home currency savings to pay online.

Watch this video to see how it works

Direct Debit

A direct debit can be set up with the University to:

  • Pay Accommodation fees on a termly basis.
  • Pay tuition fees by the standard University instalment schedule throughout the academic year.
  • If you opt to pay both tuition and accommodation fees by direct debit, one amount for both payments will be taken from your account. Full details of the Direct Debit process can be found on the Paying By Direct Debit page.
  • Direct debits can only be processed from UK bank accounts.

Full details of the Direct Debit process can be found on the Paying by Direct Debit page.UK

Please note: Direct Debit payment due dates are later than the due dates for all other methods of payment because we are legally obliged to give notice that payments will be deducted from bank accounts.

By UK Credit/Debit Cards

Payments by locally issued Credit or Debit cards such as Mastercard, Visa, Maestro or American Express cards can be made in the following ways:

  • Online via the Student Records System: You must have enrolled with the University and have setup an IT Services account to be able to pay your fees online.
    Please select the My Student Finance tab where you can view your account online, and then select the Pay Fees Online option to access UK Credit / Debit card payment methods. If you are paying using an international credit or debit card, please pay using the Flywire option described above.

To make an Advance Payment, where your fees have not yet been levied on your account, you can select the Advance Payment tab. All advance payments have to be made using the Online Credit / Debit card option for both UK and international cards. For more information, see the step-by-step guide to paying online.

  • Automated Telephone Payment Line: please phone 0330 088 3627 (or +44 330 088 3627 from outside the UK) to make a direct payment to your account. You will need to quote your University ID number, your date of birth, and how much you are paying. Please note we are unable to accept American Express thorough this method.

Cash payments and deposits are not accepted

The University does not accept cash payments in any currencies, and will not facilitate deposits of cash by issuing University bank account paying in slips to students. Any such requests will be refused.

Students carrying large amounts of UK or foreign currency notes should make arrangements to pay them into their own UK based bank account at the earliest opportunity. Please do not put your money at risk by dealing with any agents or intermediaries.

To avoid any risks of money laundering, no refunds will be made against cash payments previously paid into the University bank account.

For advice on safe card payments see The City of London Police Dedicated Card and Payment Crime Unit (DCPCU).

View this advice in Mandarin

Bank Transfers

The University’s bank details are as follows:

PO Box 3333
One Snowhill
B3 2WN

Account Name: University of Warwick
Account number: 80113700
Sort Code: 20-23-71
IBAN number: GB40BARC20237180113700
Swift code: BARCGB22

Please quote your University ID number, student name and reason for payment on any transfer you make to the University’s bank account. Payments received without a reason, will be allocated against the oldest balance on the student account.

Please note: Bank Transfer transactions can take up to ten working days to arrive and as such you should always commence the transaction before your payment due date. Any bank charges incurred at the time of the transfer will be passed on to you. The University neither makes charges nor accepts bank charges for such transactions.

Invoices and receipts

If you are a current student, you can print your own invoices and payment receipts by logging in to the My Student Finance pages of the Student Records system. If you require an official stamp on your receipt, please visit the Student Services in Senate House.

If you have any questions regarding payment of your fees, please contact us either by:

Email, telephone +44 (0)2476 528472, or call in to Student Services, Ground Floor Senate House (see the Campus Map). Reception opening times can be found on the Contact us page.

Please note the University is not able to accept payment remitted from North Korea.

In addition, the University is not able to accept payment remitted from Cuba, Iran*, Syria, Venezuela or Crimea without prior approval.

*In the case of distance learners, we are unable to accept funds from Iran

If you have recently made a payment, you will receive an email confirmation within 48 hours of receipt of payment.

If you have not received this confirmation within 10 working days, please email