Skip to main content Skip to navigation

What should I do if I have a question about the University’s governing instruments?

Please contact the Secretary to Council’s Office in the first instance via email at

Should you feel your feedback or comment has not been satisfactorily addressed, please refer to the University’s Feedback and Complaints process.

Where a complaint refers specifically to the interpretation and application of the institution’s Charter, Statutes, Ordinances etc., and once consideration of the matter by the University’s internal procedures has been finalised, members of staff may petition the Visitor, in accordance with Article 15.

Where a University’s Charter is silent on the Visitor’s identity, as is the case for the University of Warwick, the Lord Chancellor acts on behalf of The Queen. The Privy Council Office is responsible for dealing with Visitorial cases on behalf of the Lord Chancellor. The contact is the Clerk to the Privy Council.

Further guidance, including information on the role of the Visitor and the matters that the Visitor will consider, is provided on the Privy Council website.