Jenny Wheeler, Accessibility Officer, Estates / Disabled Staff Network Co-Chair (Chair)
Lorraine Martin, PA, Team Administrator, Social Inclusion (Secretary).
Dr Jane Andrews, Reader, WMG
Isabelle Atkins, Education Officer, Warwick Students' Union.
Michael Cavaliere, President of Autism at Warwick.
Liz Gardner, Customer Services Manager, Library.
Mike Hart, Interdisciplinary Programmes Office, Liberal Arts.
Charlotte Heath-Kelly, Professor, Politics.
Michaela Hodges, Social Inclusion Associate.
Damien Homer, Widening Participation Faculty Co-ordinator, Faculty of Arts.
Mike Joy, Professor, Computer Science.
Jagjeet Jutley-Neilson, Associate Professor and Director of Student Experience, Psychology / 'Neurodiversity and The Student Experience' WIHEA Learning Circle Lead.
Sophie Kitching, Disabled Students Officer, Warwick Students' Union.
Rebecca Limb, Associate Tutor, School of Law.
Nivaria Morales Salas, IT Developer, Economics / Disabled Staff Network Co-Chair.
Nathan Morris, Head of the Student Complaints and Academic Casework Team.
Anne-Marie Chilton, Associate Clinical Professor, Warwick Medical School.
Laure Renault, President of Warwick Enable.
Ian Scrase, Careers Project Officer, Student Opportunity.
Ann Simper, Student Wellbeing and Progression Officer, Economics.
Julia Strong and Clare Phillips, Employee Relations and Policy Manager, Human Resources.
Karen Terry Weymouth, HR Strategy Director.
Rebekah Ward, Senior Undergraduate Administrator, Economics.
Kim Waite, Volunteer Development Coordinator, Warwick Volunteers.
Despina Weber and Kathryn Fisher, Head of Disability Services.
The Disability Taskforce will champion disability, accessibility, and inclusion and raise awareness of related issues across the institution.
1. To advise and support the University with the development and implementation of strategic objectives relating to disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
2. To contribute towards embedding disability to the institutional agenda.
3. To provide a platform for informed and considered discussions on disability issues.
4. To report to and support the work of the Social Inclusion Committee and the Disability Standard Steering Group.
5. To review, monitor, and report on good practice and, where appropriate, make recommendations for further actions.
6. To work in line with the University’s equality objectives, specifically on disability.
7. To engage with staff and students on disability related matters.
8. To enhance engagement with the Disabled Staff NetworkLink opens in a new window to further develop opportunities for collaborative working and provide a platform for staff related issues to be voiced.
9. To align with the work of other Taskforces, with a view of intersectionality and with a holistic approach to disability.
The Disability Taskforce reports to the Social Inclusion Committee.
The Disability Taskforce is chaired by Jenny Wheeler (Accessibility Officer, Estates / Disabled Staff Network Co-Chair) who can be contacted on J dot Wheeler dot 1 at warwick dot ac dot uk.
If you have any items that you would like to be raised at a Disability Taskforce meeting, or are working on an initiative that might support the goals of the Taskforce, please complete this short contact form. By completing this form you can remain anonymous or provide your contact details if you wish to discuss this further with the Chair.