|Restricted Area for Members of the Remuneration Committee|
The Chair of the Council (Chair)
Three independent members, with expertise in leadership and/or senior remuneration in other sectors, two of whom must be serving Council members, appointed by the Council
The Human Resources Director and Reward Manager provides expert advice to the Remuneration Committee. The Committee is authorised by the Council to obtain external professional advice if it considers this necessary, normally in consultation with the Human Resources Director.
To report to the Council:
- To propose the remuneration policy framework and to work within this Framework on behalf of the Council.
- To refer any remuneration or severance pay matters that fall outside of the approved remuneration policy framework or the delegated authority of the Committee.
- Annually on the work of the Committee, including decisions taken under delegated authority, and to propose amendments to the remuneration policy framework.
- And review the remuneration of the Vice-Chancellor and President, members of the University Executive Board and other members of senior staff who are involved in setting and moderating the pay for senior staff.
- The level of severance pay to be awarded to members of staff whose salary exceeds £100,000 and all senior members of staff whose remuneration is determined by the Committee.
- Annually the operating framework within which the Vice-Chancellor will determine senior remuneration.
- To receive an annual report on the work of the University Executive Board on Remuneration.
- To receive an annual report on the framework for succession planning.
- To receive, monitor and oversee the work of the Pay Action Group and the University’s Pay Gap reports for Gender, Ethnicity, Disability and LGBTQ+.
To adhere to:
- The approved Remuneration Policy Framework and operate within it, on behalf of the Council, when determining and reviewing remuneration.
The Remuneration Committee reports to the Council.
Click here to see a diagrammatic representation of the Committee Structure.
Sharon Tuersley, Secretary to Council
(S dot Tuersley at warwick dot ac dot uk or ext: 51957)
Ana Fernandez Martinez, HR Reward Analyst, Human Resources
(A dot Fernandez-Martinez at warwick dot ac dot uk)
Dates of meetings of the Remuneration Committee can be found within the University Committee Timetable.