The Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) is a contribution to the National Health Service (NHS) of £200 per person per year that individuals applying for a first UK visa of more than six months or renewing their UK visa are required to pay. Full details of the IHS can be found on the GOV.UK webpages
The University of Warwick offers a loan scheme to support new and existing employees with the cost of the IHS. Only in exceptional circumstances, where a case has approved by the Head of Department and by the HR Department, can taxable reimbursement of the IHS be provided.
New staff who are eligible for a relocation package may claim the IHS as part of the package provided certain conditions are met.
Information about the loan scheme for new and prospective employees
- Immigration Health Surcharge loan scheme – applicant guide
- HR-PR9 form - application for a loan to cover the Immigration Health Surcharge
Information about the loan scheme for departments
- How to… provide financial support for the Immigration Health Surcharge
- HR-PR10 form – Case for Reimbursement of the Immigration Health Surcharge
If you have any queries about financial support for the IHS, please contact the Expenses Manager
Want to find out more?
- Visit the GOV.UK webpages to find out how much and when you may need to pay for an IHS