Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Pay & Expenses

Who we are and what we do

The Payroll office is part of Human Resources and one of the University's central administrative support services. Our aim is to provide a first class service to all customers by:

  • dealing with Payroll queries
  • processing all Expenses and Fees payments for internal and external personnel
  • providing advice on the reimbursement of relocation expenses.

Staff Privacy Notice:

As a member of staff, we ask that you read our updated Staff Privacy Notice carefully as it contains important information on how and why we collect, store, use and share your personal data, your rights in relation to your personal data and who to contact in the event that you have a query or complaint

How to contact us

The Payroll Department is located on the 2nd floor of University House.

You can contact us either by email payroll at warwick dot ac dot uk (due to security reasons, there's certain information we can't provide if emails are received from non-Warwick email accounts) or alternatively by using one of our dedicated telephone numbers:

for the Payroll Team Ext 74444 (02476 574444)

for the Expenses Team Ext. 23000 (02476 523000).

Getting in touch with HMRC

The University's tax reference is 190/U50 and the tax office address is:
Sherbourne House
Manor House Drive
Coventry CV1 2TA

Need a telephone number for HMRC? Please see the HMRC helpline info in order to find the appropriate number for your query. When contacting HMRC, you will need to quote your National Insurance number.

If you don't have a National Insurance Number

Go to for details of how to apply

Useful links
News and updates
Scam emails

Please remember, HMRC does not communicate by email. If you receive an email from 'HMRC' notifying you of a tax refund or any other message, please delete it immediately, as it will be a scam. Take a look at HMRC's guidance on this.

Tax references

The University's tax reference is 190/U50.

The tax reference for Warwick University Enterprise Ltd (Unitemps) is 120/ZA76059.

Reference requests

For reference requests (e.g. re: mortgage/rent applications or salary information), we must have your written authority to divulge personal information to third parties. First you need to give the third party your written consent and they will then need to forward this to us, with their specific request.