Who we are and what we do
The Expenses team is part of the Human Resources department - we're here to help you by processing expenses in both an internal and an external capacity. Only expenses that are in accord with the University's Financial ProceduresLink opens in a new window will be reimbursed - please check before you incur any.
We can be contacted by:
- email via expenses at warwick dot ac dot uk
- telephone 024 76 5 23000 (internal extension: 23000)
Expenses Policy Update April 2022
With effect from 20th April 2022, for a temporary period, travel and accommodation bookings to European countries which are under £500 in combined total value do not have to be arranged through Key Travel.
Until further notice, all other overseas travel bookings (including Accommodation) should only be made through the university approved travel management company, Key TravelLink opens in a new window
- Rail should be the default mode of transport for all UK & European journeys of up to 6 hours, even if the financial cost is higher than other forms of transport.
- Train travel : Employees should travel Standard Class. The option to request First Class travel for journeys exceeding two hours has been removed.
- Car hire: Road journeys exceeding 100 business miles per day should only be considered where travel by train is not a viable option, and a hired vehicle, rather than a private one, should be the preferred option.
- Air travel :UK air travel requires the approval of the HoD and should be notified to FinRegs@warwick.ac.uk via the departmental FinRegs Champion (Sally Hicks for HR), along with justification for the reason for choosing air travel.
- Air travel should normally be in Economy Class.
- A “Green Levy” of £15 will be charged to the Department for all UK and European flights.
- A “Green Levy” of £60 will be charged to the Department for all non-European flights.
Members of Staff
Members of staff should claim expenses via Concur (except for per diems which should be claimed using paper forms FP16g and FP16h below)
Please complete a claim on form FP16a PhD and send it (together with your receipts) to your departmental administrator/finance officer who will check, code, authorise and then send it to us (do NOT send to us directly). Once it has been processed we will set you up on Concur and advise you to use Concur to submit claims going forward. (Please also use this form if you need to change your bank details).
Non members of staff
Non members of staff should make claims for travel and subsistence on the following forms and submit them to their department for coding and authorisation:
Travel and subsistence claim form (for use by External visitors, Unitemps and undergraduates: staff on the salary Payroll should use Concur)
Travel and subsistence claim form (PhD & EngD students only)
Advance of travel expenses - only to be requested in cases of financial hardship, when considerable expenditure is anticipated and no other payment method available
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details re travel advances on Concur
Expenses incurred in attending an interview
Foreign per diem allowance
Declaration of attendance re advance per diem
Foreign Bank Details
Got a question you'd like our help with?
- Get in touch: expenses at warwick dot ac dot uk
- Check out our FAQs page
- Take a look at our contact page if you need to speak to a specific member of the team